0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love him more for that reaction!

Iwobi missed one too but I liked him on the day in general and it has been clear for sometime that he's really worked on his left foot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Blink - didn't you say during the preseason games that it was the young players that looked to be pressing and more receptive of Emery's defensive tactics? If so, Emery may have to gut this team to get the desired response on the pitch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was in that one particular game but generally the press lacked the intensity you only get when something is really riding on a game and you're not scared of getting injured.

I was interested to hear Elliot on the Arsenal vision podcast talking with one of his stat guys about how our press last season was the third most effective after City and Liverpool.....unless I'm remembering that incorrectly.

I was hoping that one of the younger CB's would be phased in though, though it may still happen. I know Mustafi isn't old but I lost faith in him some time ago.
    Last edited by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice; 20-08-2018 at 10:54 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    It was in that one particular game but generally the press lacked the intensity you only get when something is really riding on a game and you're not scared of getting injured.

I was interested to hear Elliot on the Arsenal vision podcast talking with one of his stat guys about how our press last season was the third most effective after City and Liverpool.....unless I'm remembering that incorrectly.

I was hoping that one of the younger CB's would be phased in though, though it may still happen. I know Mustafi isn't old but I lost faith in him some time ago.
    Having seen how Mustafi was done over by Morata, I'd say you're more than justified in feeling that way.

But, it's worth Googling Mustafi's recent comments about Wenger and Emery. He said it's good to have a coach that will give direction and it's something that wouldn't happen under Wenger so he'd constantly make mistakes and panic about making the next one. We'll see if Emery can teach an old dog some new tricks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power n Glory View Post
    That's the one. I really like this kid.
    Me too. He should be a mainstay in our team, his potential is huge IMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=Penguin;4466653]
    I don't listen to any of these podcasts, but how would Arseblog know how Leno (or any other player for that matter) was doing in training?

[QUOTE]

Well some of these guys get to know people around the club and hear stuff, so there could be something in it, tbf they're careful to emphasise it's just what they've heard though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mkhi: "We don't feel any pressure. We are not thinking that something is going wrong because we are moving in the right way even if we lost two games."

Seriously...?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45286517
    Last edited by Mac76; 23-08-2018 at 10:23 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds reasonable to me.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We were terrible against City, better against Chelsea, a game we could have won. So maybe he is right. West Ham are 3 bars below either of those teams. If we cant beat them then fans and players alike should have real cause for concern. Issue now is with Emery. Who does he select for the Wham game. If he goes with his starting team in either previous game then he is seriously deluded.
    New team is needed. I would even put Mavro in for Mustafi.
    Make 2mrw better than 2day