User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Match Reaction: Chelsea 3-2 Arsenal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    We were terrible against City, better against Chelsea, a game we could have won. So maybe he is right. West Ham are 3 bars below either of those teams. If we cant beat them then fans and players alike should have real cause for concern. Issue now is with Emery. Who does he select for the Wham game. If he goes with his starting team in either previous game then he is seriously deluded.
    New team is needed. I would even put Mavro in for Mustafi.
    I cannot believe that I am so nervous before a home game against a fairly poor West Ham side.

We are normally slow starters, I cannot remember when we won our first home game of the season (Defeats against Villa, Liverpool, West Ham and Man City (last week) in the last few seasons spring to mind).

However, there is a lot more riding on this game than just the three points. If we lose, doubts will start to creep in regarding the new Manager’s philosophy and that may have a Physiological effect going forward.

Make no doubt, this is a big game no matter how early in the season.

COYG!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a must win game.

I hope Emery is brave with his selection. I'd like to see Laca and Auba both start and Xhaka dropped for Torreira. I'd also drop Mustafi for Mav or Holding, although I think that's less likely.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooner23 View Post
    It's a must win game.

I hope Emery is brave with his selection. I'd like to see Laca and Auba both start and Xhaka dropped for Torreira. I'd also drop Mustafi for Mav or Holding, although I think that's less likely.
    think he cant play both Xhaka and Mustafi, and it would be great to see both dropped to the bench for Terreira and Holding (bit more PL exp than Mav). Why don't we try two up front as well instead of playing a striker out of position when both Laca and Auba play.

maybe this is a game where miki and ozil can play together as I expect us to have a lot more ball and therefore need a bit of guile.