User Tag List

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction vs West Ham United (home).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    They said on MOTD that Emery/Arsenal said he had a cold. If that is true by the word....it's definitely a lie. How can a footballer miss games so often for a bleeding cold!
    I go to work with a cold and have trained with a cold. He is a poor love though, you can't expect him to exert too much energy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Goonermerree View Post
    I go to work with a cold and have trained with a cold. He is a poor love though, you can't expect him to exert too much energy.
    I'm sure he can play with a cold but he would be under par. If I was the manager and had a choice of a player under par or a player 100% fit, I would take the fit person for the next game. It is not Özil's choice if he plays, it is Emery's. Even if Özil wanted to play, he could not because he was not selected. You can't blame him for that.
    Last edited by Coney; 26-08-2018 at 02:17 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you a professional athlete?
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At least it means something to him being dropped - it's a start!
    Kinda. That's if Emery actually dropped him. If he's given him the day off because he is sick and allows him to waltz back into the starting line up.... It doesn't set a good precedence. With the amount of sick days Ozil has taken, he should lose his starting place even if true.

If Emery has actually dropped him and the sickie story is BS, I expect a serious change in Ozil's performance the next time selected. Emery will have to follow through with the threat otherwise it will appear empty and look weak. Should have made Ozil sit is ass on the bench.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    Are you a professional athlete?
    I've seen Michael Jordan play in a play off game with the flu and still put in a 10/10 performance.

I'm also wondering what happens with F1 drivers if they're feeling under the weather. There is no way they can pull out of a race for the weekend can they?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power n Glory View Post
    Kinda. That's if Emery actually dropped him. If he's given him the day off because he is sick and allows him to waltz back into the starting line up.... It doesn't set a good precedence. With the amount of sick days Ozil has taken, he should lose his starting place even if true.

If Emery has actually dropped him and the sickie story is BS, I expect a serious change in Ozil's performance the next time selected. Emery will have to follow through with the threat otherwise it will appear empty and look weak. Should have made Ozil sit is ass on the bench.
    Suppose that depends on if Emery has dropped him due to lack of effort or for tactical reasons.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the fact Emery said 'I don't know, you have to ask the Dr to know more'.....or something along those lines to the reporter, he's obviously hiding something.

It's not as if the manager of AFC hasn't communicated enough or spoke to the Dr about Ozil who only told him 'he's sick mate, he can't play'.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Suppose that depends on if Emery has dropped him due to lack of effort or for tactical reasons.....
    Does it matter for either reason? To me, it still looks like he's getting speacial treatment if he's refusing the bench.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If he's dropped him for tactical reasons then that wouldn't suggest special treatment. If the 'bust up' did happen as a result he may have just made up the 'sick' story to cover. He presumably just wants to keep it all in-house, which I imagine he'd want to do with any player.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If he's dropped him for tactical reasons then that wouldn't suggest special treatment. If the 'bust up' did happen as a result he may have just made up the 'sick' story to cover. He presumably just wants to keep it all in-house, which I imagine he'd want to do with any player.
    How is it not special treatment when Ramsey was dropped against Chelsea for tactical reasons and had to sit his ass on the bench like everyone else? Why can't Ozil?

The sick story makes it more of a spectle.