User Tag List

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction vs West Ham United (home).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power n Glory View Post
    Does it matter for either reason? To me, it still looks like he's getting speacial treatment if he's refusing the bench.
    I never thought of it like that, maybe he couldn't take the humiliation of being on the bench.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I posted this on another forum earlier

But im starting to wonder if Lacazette has some kinda hefty bonus in his contract based on minutes played. Cause something just hasn't felt right with his situation since he got here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hobson's choice View Post
    I posted this on another forum earlier

But im starting to wonder if Lacazette has some kinda next bonus in his contract based on minutes played. Cause something just hasn't felt right with his situation since he got here.
    Like Ox did?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Goonermerree View Post
    Like Ox did?
    This is news to me, never heard this before.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hobson's choice View Post
    This is news to me, never heard this before.
    Pretty sure he had a clause in his contract that Southampton were to get some money if he played for more than 20 mins or something. Due to added time, we were paying more than we wanted to when he came on as a sub so he came on later. Can't remember the exact details.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Goonermerree View Post
    Pretty sure he had a clause in his contract that Southampton were to get some money if he played for more than 20 mins or something. Due to added time, we were paying more than we wanted to when he came on as a sub so he came on later. Can't remember the exact details.
    Woah

Not shocked tho, this kinda stuff is the norm in the NFL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power n Glory View Post
    How is it not special treatment when Ramsey was dropped against Chelsea for tactical reasons and had to sit his ass on the bench like everyone else? Why can't Ozil?

The sick story makes it more of a spectle.
    That still doesn't quite follow. 'If' Ozil refused to be benched, that's a different situation to Ramsey who presumably didn't refuse to be benched.

The situation is unprecedented with this manager. He may be giving him special treatment but we don't really know that beyond doubt.

If he has refused to sit on the bench though, then in any case we have a major problem and I'd rather we didn't have him here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    That still doesn't quite follow. 'If' Ozil refused to be benched, that's a different situation to Ramsey who presumably didn't refuse to be benched.

The situation is unprecedented with this manager. He may be giving him special treatment but we don't really know that beyond doubt.

If he has refused to sit on the bench though, then in any case we have a major problem and I'd rather we didn't have him here.
    But that's what I was originally getting out. It doesn't matter whether Ozil was benched for tactical reasons or not, he shouldn't be allowed to pull a sickie to avoid the bench. The manager shouldn't allow it either. Is that not special treatment to the others regardless of the reason the manager dropped him?

Not sure what's true, whether he was dropped or just left out because he was sick but it does put an extra scrutiny on the managers man management and Ozil which isn't great if performances don't change.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well they way it's going it looks like it would have been cheaper for us to let him run out his contract unless we were hoping someone would bid for him during the summer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ozil doesn’t have the bottle to refuse to play or go against the manager in that way. He’s just one of those weak people who fall ill very easily.