User Tag List

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction vs West Ham United (home).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's a Turk so it's probably AIDS.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Ozil doesn’t have the bottle to refuse to play or go against the manager in that way. He’s just one of those weak people who fall ill very easily.
    I dunno. Seems like the type of guy that will storm off after a set back. I heard he was a little spicy when Emery took him off against Chelsea. From what Emery said, Ozil turned up for training, then went home because he was feeling sick but turned up for training the next day.

Whatever the case, all eyes will be on this situation for the next game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power n Glory View Post
    I dunno. Seems like the type of guy that will storm off after a set back. I heard he was a little spicy when Emery took him off against Chelsea. From what Emery said, Ozil turned up for training, then went home because he was feeling sick but turned up for training the next day.

Whatever the case, all eyes will be on this situation for the next game.
    I expect pride is playing a huge part in this - probably the last thing his ego needed after his massive, public falling-out with his country is the embarrassment of being subbed at half time and dropped, etc. Massive amount of face-saving going on right now...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why are we talking about Ozil again, the guy didn't even play, might be better to focus on those who did and didn't perform, like the defence and midfield in particular. We don't know wht happened with Ozil, all we know is that Emery said he was sick, I'm pretty sure he'll be back next game though, we definitely need him judging from our last performance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought we missed Ozil in this game more than we apparently missed Xhaka in the second half of the Chelsea game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    I thought we missed Ozil in this game more than we apparently missed Xhaka in the second half of the Chelsea game.
    Not sure about that. Ozil wouldn't have helped us control the midfield and recycle the ball. We'd have been even more vulnerable than we were on counter attacks as well. We'd have needed Torreira and Guendouzi with Ozil. Can't play Ozil, Ramsey and Xhaka together.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    I expect pride is playing a huge part in this - probably the last thing his ego needed after his massive, public falling-out with his country is the embarrassment of being subbed at half time and dropped, etc. Massive amount of face-saving going on right now...
    It's all very odd. Read some of the post game comments from Emery. Apparently, players that are sick are supposed to kept away from the team dressing room to avoid infecting other players. Ozil was there in the team dressing room. Maybe they just should have said he was injured with a minor issue if they wanted to cover. The sicknote thing doesn't help him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Depends which Özil we’re talking about: the one who, every now and then, is absolutely sublime; or the one who had just 29 touches and created 0 chances against Chelsea? If we can guarantee that we get the former most of the time, then yes, we absolutely need him, but how do we do that? How do we coax it out of him on a regular basis? What tact do we take? Flatter his ego? Sting his pride? Get him angry enough to want to prove a point? I’m really not sure how we go about this when he basically has tenure, and can just fold is arms and carry on trousering 1.5m a month regardless?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    Depends which Özil we’re talking about: the one who, every now and then, is absolutely sublime; or the one who had just 29 touches and created 0 chances against Chelsea?
    Let's put it this way - Chelsea was the match before last, whereas i can't actually remember the last time he was that great, i guess a while before he was 'ill' last season...?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power n Glory View Post
    Not sure about that. Ozil wouldn't have helped us control the midfield and recycle the ball. We'd have been even more vulnerable than we were on counter attacks as well. We'd have needed Torreira and Guendouzi with Ozil. Can't play Ozil, Ramsey and Xhaka together.
    Not a half arsed underperforming Ozil obviously.