User Tag List

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Dissecting Emery's Arsenal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would be happy with...Mav, Holding, Sok +top CB and maybe another (Kos).

City aren't so far ahead of the rest because of their backline....it's all about their midfield and attack and collective play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post

City aren't so far ahead of the rest because of their backline....it's all about their midfield and attack and collective play.
    City are ahead because every single member of their forward line. starting from the DM is a scoring threat. Our front line is quite blunt in comparison. If Auba and Laca arent doing it, we are toothless.
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

True but saying that look how many they've conceded this season and you'll see their defence certainly matters as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post

What about the young Greek CB, I guess he just doesn't rate him right?
    you mean Mavropanos. not sure maybe he wants to work him through slowly

i'd stress this was just a fan podcast and to save time they just talked about the players used on Sunday

i think Sokratis woudl be part fo Emery's plans though clearly not too far ahead as he's getting on still i think he's really solid and would still like to see him ahead of Mustafi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's going to have to make use of Ozil either way as he won't be able to get rid of him.
    i actually thought Ozil wasn't too bad on Sunday, he was trying to find a way through, but my one criticism of Laca is that he doesn't make enough runs or at the very least lead the line a bit more, if he's going to be in the CF position - it doesn't make it any easier for Ozil to try to create something
    Last edited by Mac76; 13-11-2018 at 05:19 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

City’s backline has really improved this season! They have conceded 1 goal after playing Liverpool, us, Spuds & United. 3 of those games have been away.

Laporte & Stones both look the real deal this season TBH.

City are comfortably the best team in the league, I’d be shocked if they don’t retain the title.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think City’s defensive record is as much to do with their attacking play, in that the opposition aren’t going to create much when they can’t even get the ball off them. They’re a very good team from back to front though, unquestionably.

We’ve played some nice stuff this season but it’s clear that we’re flawed and Emery will need time and at least another transfer window to fine tune his system. I think there are a fair few players who will be sold next summer if the opportunity is there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Either way, with this current version of City, everyone is playing for 2nd at best. With the money they have, the manager they have and the fact their owners have UEFA in their pockets, it’s hard to see who will stop them. Every league is slowly turning into the SPL, bar Spain.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SMatthews View Post
    Either way, with this current version of City, everyone is playing for 2nd at best. With the money they have, the manager they have and the fact their owners have UEFA in their pockets, it’s hard to see who will stop them. Every league is slowly turning into the SPL, bar Spain.
    Could have been different if Usmanov had successfully bought the club with all the money he has and his willingness to invest, unfortunately we got Kroenke who isn't really interested in spending any money and in relative terms isn't even that wealthy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe, maybe not. I’m sort of glad he didn’t. Man City are far smarter off the field than anyone else has been beforehand, which is an even bigger advantage. Rules don’t apply to them in any sense.