User Tag List

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Dissecting Emery's Arsenal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    I agree, with so much money around now having a top coach is pretty much the difference maker.

Our team is structurally a mess because of the previous regime. Emery will need a lot of time to get his ideas drilled into the heads of the players but the players also probably need time themselves to adapt to a change in culture.

I've always said this season is a bit of a free hit as long as we see some signs of improvement.
    This

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power n Glory View Post
    But who was Salah before he signed for Liverpool? If you heard it was a choice between Salah and Mkhitaryan, Firminho and Aubameyang, we'd all have chosen the Dortmund boys without question.

Wijnaldum and Milner wouldn't have been on many people's wish list either. I have no idea who those fullbacks are either.

It comes back to good coaching and I hope Emery can pull something out of this team or discover new gems because the players Liverpool and Spuds currently have weren't on the top of the transfer shopping list but they've now developed into must have players.
    Well Pochetino has had since 2014, and Klopp since 2015 to develop his team, and neither manager has won anything with them yet. No clearer sign that Emery needs time before he is judged.
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IBK View Post
    Well Pochetino has had since 2014, and Klopp since 2015 to develop his team, and neither manager has won anything with them yet. No clearer sign that Emery needs time before he is judged.
    That too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IBK View Post
    Winning things is incredibly difficult. The cups owe an element to luck and the league is the best team. Emery could win something in his first year but also could win nothing in 5 years. What Pochetino and Klopp have done is shown continual improvement and if Emery can do that then we are doing well. To beat City to the league needs City really to fall down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Emery can make our style of play more exciting and effective, get some wins against the top sides and just generally change the perception of us being also-rans, then he will be doing a good job. Improvement is something we haven't seen in years, under Wenger it was always stagnation and then eventually decline. Cups would be a big bonus but it will be what happens in the league and in Europe that will define Emery.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AFC Leveller View Post
    We are halfway there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love this guy.

He has upped the standards, I think we are in very safe hands with him as our Manager.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really like that he has a clear plan before each match, but also that he is willing and able to adapt when he realises things aren't working. No more robotic substitutions. He also seems to understand player rotation without killing momentum.

Plenty of positives so far.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also Emeryball

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooner23 View Post
    I really like that he has a clear plan before each match, but also that he is willing and able to adapt when he realises things aren't working. No more robotic substitutions. He also seems to understand player rotation without killing momentum.

Plenty of positives so far.
    Yep most def.