User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quick Reply Box

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quick Reply Box

With this new version, I don't think it was happening before. If I move the mouse cursor out of the Quick Reply box it moves the scrollbar in a long message to near the top so I have to scroll down again if I want to resume typing. Damned annoying, it is!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The new version sucks dick tbh.

The King Is Back.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Care to elaborate in a slightly more helpful way?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters (TPFKA WWTL@WHL) View Post
    With this new version, I don't think it was happening before. If I move the mouse cursor out of the Quick Reply box it moves the scrollbar in a long message to near the top so I have to scroll down again if I want to resume typing. Damned annoying, it is!
    I was going to make the same point, but didn't know how to express myself properly. its a real pain!
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boss View Post
    The new version sucks dick tbh.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Care to elaborate in a slightly more helpful way?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Couple of questions:

What browser(s) are you using to browse the site?
    What version of the browser(s) are you using?
    What Operating System are you using?
    Does it happen all the time, or at random times?
    Can you provide a screenshot of it?

I'll add these to a bug report I'm compiling for vb (as in - the designers of the software), as I've noticed some other issues with the new editor (including telling you that it'll leave the page, despite the fact that you're asking it to post a reply!)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Think it might be an IE issue, it happens at work but not at home (I use Firefox here)
    Happens all the time, I think I have version 7 of IE at work and we run XP (still, although Windows 7 is apparently en route).

Hard to provide a screenshot but basically if you're typing in the quick reply box, it's a long message and ths scroll bar appears and you're still typing if you then move the mouse out of the quick reply box then the message scrolls away from the bottom of the box and you have to scroll back to the bottom when you want to start typing again. Annoying!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Think it might be an IE issue, it happens at work but not at home (I use Firefox here)
    Happens all the time, I think I have version 7 of IE at work and we run XP (still, although Windows 7 is apparently en route).

Hard to provide a screenshot but basically if you're typing in the quick reply box, it's a long message and ths scroll bar appears and you're still typing if you then move the mouse out of the quick reply box then the message scrolls away from the bottom of the box and you have to scroll back to the bottom when you want to start typing again. Annoying!
    I haven't "personally" seen that one, but I do get issues with the "navigate away" sort of message... Now, I use chrome predominantly, but would be interested to see if it happens on other browsers!

Once I've got a few examples, I'll log up a bug report!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jofnn View Post
    I haven't "personally" seen that one, but I do get issues with the "navigate away" sort of message... Now, I use chrome predominantly, but would be interested to see if it happens on other browsers!

Once I've got a few examples, I'll log up a bug report!
    Can you run the site in IE and see if you can see what we mean? Type a long message in quick reply and as you're typing move your mouse out of the quick reply box and you should see the issue. The message about navigating away from the page seems to have been mentioned by a few people too so that needs looking at. It happens if you try to go elsewhere on the board mid-edit which I guess is OK but I have seen it occasionally when I post I think. Need to check that one again.