Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Cardiff v Arsenal Sunday 2 September 13.30 BST

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cardiff v Arsenal Sunday 2 September 13.30 BST

i don't fancy this, i have to say

i reckon Cardiff could replace Stoke as the new Mordor - the fans are a bunch of c***s and Warnock knows just how to get under the skin of a big-name fancy team with some brittle personalities. Let's just say it's not the place for Ozil to grace us with his dainty presence

I'd start with whoever we have that pass for tougher players, and in particular Lichtsteiner, who can at least trade a few kicks in return for those they will dish out - also it's yet another reason to miss out Xhaka, who could well go into the book in a game like this - although maybe it's a chance to get him banned

So i'd be happy with a draw from this...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Think we will win this but that Newcastle will do us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The third match in a row that I won't be able to watch. Two matches on a Saturday, family commitments, now I have one on Sunday, and the match is on Sunday. it's a conspiracy I tell ya.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good Ramsey normally turns up against this filth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Goonermerree View Post
    The third match in a row that I won't be able to watch. Two matches on a Saturday, family commitments, now I have one on Sunday, and the match is on Sunday. it's a conspiracy I tell ya.
    I always miss the first few games, the season starts too early, it should be a September start

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lots of talk about preparing for the opposition since Emery joined, so it’ll be interesting to see how well prepared we actually are for games like these. Will the team selection reflect the type of game we’re expecting? Will we have pinpointed any specific weaknesses? Or will we have simply decided that we’re the stronger side and we’ll make them react to us?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Emery is talking about adapting to the oppoistion and playing long ball football against Cardiff. This guy better know what he's doing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't expect the lineup to be to my taste (it hasn't been in any game yet), but hope we win. Up the Arse!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power n Glory View Post
    Emery is talking about adapting to the oppoistion and playing long ball football against Cardiff. This guy better know what he's doing.
    I suspect there's a symptom of his basic english there, i'd bet what he's saying is what i think most of us would welcome, namely that we won't dogmaticly stick to playing it out from the back, a tactic which Warnock would know how to stifle.

As i was saying at the top, i hope the team is set up to withstand spoiling tactics and move the ball firward quickly to create and take chances.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    I suspect there's a symptom of his basic english there, i'd bet what he's saying is what i think most of us would welcome, namely that we won't dogmaticly stick to playing it out from the back, a tactic which Warnock would know how to stifle.

As i was saying at the top, i hope the team is set up to withstand spoiling tactics and move the ball firward quickly to create and take chances.
    Check for yourself. It doesn't sound like a translation problem because he recalls his time in Spain having to play long ball and adapt. We'll just have to see his brand of long ball football.