User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction: Cardiff 2-3 Arsenal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We won but again Emery fails to impress.

Defensively we are worse than we have ever been and thats directy due to Emery's tactics and also insisting on starting Xhaka and playing him in front of a fragile defence so he can continue to give wonderful opportunities to the opposition and cause maximum damage.

Atacking wise, he finally did what we've all been calling for and played the 2 strikers together which saved us in this game. They are the only beneficiaries of this new regime and seem to be happier and more positive.

As far as I'm concerned, there will only be true improvement in Arsenal when we can defend, everything elses just papers over the cracks and means we will be found out when it counts.
    Last edited by 21_GOONER_SALUTE; 02-09-2018 at 03:04 PM. Reason: ..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    No way we beat any of the top 5 home OR away playing like this with the players we have. Cech playing like a robot, devoid of any thinking. Insisting on playing the ball even with 2 opposing players bearing down on him. Stupid!
    He's just doing what the manager ordered and thus my comment above.

Like I've said a few times now, this manager doesn't seem prepared for English football.

BTW does anyone know what his record was against English teams ??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dostoy View Post
    Arsenal have won 2 games this season, one against the worst team in the league and the other against the 2nd worst team in the league.

They are shocking defensively and surely changes have to be made.

I would start Leno in the next game and keep Xhaka on the bench with Torreira starting.

I would also consider starting Holding instead of Mustafi and including Welbeck and leaving out Ozil, if that's possible.

What about Lichtsteiner instead of Bellend as well ?

I don't blame the manager as he was left a load of shit from the previous idiot.

Arsenal must stop conceding so many goals.
    I blame the manager because this is a car crash waiting to happen. Week after week our defence looks worse and worse and he continues with the same personel? What was he doing this whole summer?

Lichsteiner starting as either RB or LB would definitely help and some sort of rivalry among our CBs would too. Making the defensive team take ownership and not passing to Cech would also help. As for Xhaka vs Torierra only a masochist would continue doing what Emery is doing.

It's getting boring repeating the same observations.
    Last edited by 21_GOONER_SALUTE; 02-09-2018 at 03:15 PM. Reason: ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Splinter View Post
    Several years going by their Arsenal careers so far.

Being sidelined by Neymar and his entourage at PSG is one thing, but not being able to impose any authority over Xhaka and Ozil is beyond weak. WUMger reincarnated.
    That's the worry. Both of them should be benched for the next game. As said last week, it was suspect that Ozil was allowed to claim a sick day and Unai cover for him. He should never have been allowed to walk back into the first team unless there was a dramatic improvement in his performance. That wasn't the case. It looks weak from Emery and Ozil along with Xhaka should be dropped. Iwobi didn't even make the bench ffs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow....Xhaka getting roasted and this was one of his better games of the season.

If Laca doesn't start the next game, It will be trolling as good as anything seen by Wenger.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    Wow....Xhaka getting roasted and this was one of his better games of the season.

If Laca doesn't start the next game, It will be trolling as good as anything seen by Wenger.
    This was one of his better games but that mistake that lead to the goal and the defending just make him too much of a risk. Torreira and Guendouzi should be playing together with Ramsey further forward.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think he'll get it, but I'd like Iwobi to be given a chance in the middle ahead of Ramsey/Ozil. He always plays better centrally and it would suit his qualities, while adding speed, more energy and a natural dribbler through the middle. He can also drift left and right comfortably.

I feel Iwobi might be another whose talent is misused and goes to waste at Arsenal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post

Lacazette was fantastic today. Definitely has to start. Unlucky not to score two but that winning goal was a heck of a finish. Boom!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Splinter View Post
    I don't think he'll get it, but I'd like Iwobi to be given a chance in the middle ahead of Ramsey/Ozil. He always plays better centrally and it would suit his qualities, while adding speed, more energy and a natural dribbler through the middle. He can also drift left and right comfortably.

I feel Iwobi might be another whose talent is misused and goes to waste at Arsenal.
    Agree on Iwobi. I thought Ramsey had a better game today but still lacks polish in his touch and dribbling which can often lead to a move breaking down in the final third. So far, not a fan of the way senior players are getting priority in games.same shit Wenger would pull.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's far too much wrong with us at the moment. I know there's a learning curve but the high press and the defending just isn't improving. It's so frustrating watching us, at the moment it's as bad as it was with Wenger here. It's unfair to only blame the players, Emery was brought in as a head coach and until I see improvements in the tactics and selections I'll point the finger at him first. We don't have a great squad but they are capable of a lot more than what we're seeing now and it's up to Emery to get the performances out of them.

If he's so adamant with playing out from the back why is he making Cech do it? I'll repeat what I've been saying about Cech - either stop trying to make him pass it out or drop him. It's too late to teach him a new play style. He's a disaster waiting to happen. We also signed Sokratis who doesn't look comfortable on the ball either.

The good thing is that he is trying to change it up, he finally started Auba and Laca together and it paid off. Not surprised that Lacazette was involved in both second half goals, we look better he's on the pitch. He also battles more and fights off defenders more than he used to which is good to see. He deserves to be in the starting XI.