User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction: Cardiff 2-3 Arsenal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Bloody hell I remember that goal at Wembley now. No nonsense, pure power and accuracy.

I was worried Lacazette wouldn't be able to settle into this team but he's deceptively good with his back to goal. He needs to be starting regularly with Auba, I don't see any justification for leaving him out.
    Nobody who saw that goal could ever forget it. Seaman no doubt has nightmares about it. The thing flew in at the speed of sound.
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently Torreira had 100% completed passing won 3 a out of 3 tackles and assisted the goal. What more does he need to do to start the next game?

Cruyff turn, rainbow flick the ball over a 6 footer's head then bicycle kick it into the top corner?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    Apparently Torreira had 100% completed passing won 3 a out of 3 tackles and assisted the goal. What more does he need to do to start the next game?

Cruyff turn, rainbow flick the ball over a 6 footer's head then bicycle kick it into the top corner?
    I've been assuming Xhaka does that every week in training, it's the only explanation as to why he gets picked, either that or he has photos of Emery with Ivan's missus...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    I've been assuming Xhaka does that every week in training, it's the only explanation as to why he gets picked, either that or he has photos of Emery with Ivan's missus...
    Yeah some say that Xhaka is the business in training. Maybe a mental thing during matches?
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Easy to look good in training when you’re not being pressed by competitive opponents.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Emery should be watching analysing the game footage. He has to notice Xhaka can't play on the half turn, is very slow with poor positioning, lacks defensive awareness and tends to stop showing for the ball trying to play from deep. 2nd half of the game, Torreira was taken the ball from deep and Ozil was having to drop back to make things happen. That was the positive I saw from Ozil's game. Demanding the ball more.

But with all the flaws mentioned on Xhaka, why is Unai still persisting with him? That's a lot of flaws that we have to iron out of his game. It was his speciality in passing that caused us to concede. Torreira and Guendouzi are good passers of the ball and can easily pull that pass off. I don't know what's so special about Xhaka that he has to play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Easy to look good in training when you’re not being pressed by competitive opponents.
    Very true. As a good friend of mine once said..... any old mug can play football when given time and space. Which almost perfectly sums up why I can never warm to Xhaka.

Le Grove guys are always claiming Xhaka is reportedly the business in training.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not much left to say really, either stating the obvious or repeating the same stuff.

Lacazette starting (as many of us have suggested) worked out well, Lacazette looked really sharp and scored and assisted.

Xhaka should be out on his ear, one of the worst midfielders we've ever had, the reason Cardiff equalised and does nothing good (how long will it take Emery to twig?)

CB partnership of Mustafi and Sokratis doesn't work, too slow and Mustafi can't defend (don't hold much hope for the defence to be honest, it's still just as bad as it was)

Leno should be playing as Cech can't pass the ball out.

The positives were the result and the fact that hopefully Lacazette can start more games now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IBK View Post
    Yeah some say that Xhaka is the business in training. Maybe a mental thing during matches?
    I was only joking i genuinely don't know why he's still being picked, but there's just no excuse after the weekend, he has to go

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The guy never gets injured either so he never really has any time to think about what the fuck he's actually doing. Or not doing.