User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Match Reaction: Cardiff 2-3 Arsenal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    However, Bellerin is confident that Arsenal will soon benefit from Emery's detailed approach.
    He said: 'I am impressed with Emery. We lost our first two games but we were very close both times. After the match, the players could feel that things were coming together. With Arsene, he wanted us to play in the same way regardless of the opponents. The idea was that we could play in our way and beat anyone.
    'But Emery is very focused on preparing a plan for our next opponents, whoever they may be. It is very detailed and very professional. The next few months are going to be very exciting for all of us. We will reach a higher level.'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can’t agree that we were close against City.

Chelsea was a weird one - they were the better side for most of the game, but we could have had about 6 in the spell that we were on top, so I’m not sure what to say about that one?

The important thing there is it sounds like the players are fully behind the coach, and that they’re enjoying the more detailed approach and the more challenging demands - in the long run, that will stand us in better stead than a couple of good results at the start of Emery’s reign (which wouldn’t have really told us much after a WC summer)
    Last edited by I am invisible; 08-09-2018 at 07:33 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AFC Leveller View Post
    However, Bellerin is confident that Arsenal will soon benefit from Emery's detailed approach.
    He said: 'I am impressed with Emery. We lost our first two games but we were very close both times. After the match, the players could feel that things were coming together. With Arsene, he wanted us to play in the same way regardless of the opponents. The idea was that we could play in our way and beat anyone.
    'But Emery is very focused on preparing a plan for our next opponents, whoever they may be. It is very detailed and very professional. The next few months are going to be very exciting for all of us. We will reach a higher level.'
    There hasn’t been much evidence of that so far but it’s early days so I’ll reserve judgment for now.
    It does sound like he is a manager more in tune with the modern game than Wenger was.
    Playing the same way every game worked when we had better, fitter players than everyone else but when other teams caught up it wasn’t enough.