User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Match reaction. Newcastle v Arsenal 15/09/18

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I doubt it. Is he waiting for us to lose again to pull the trigger? Is that a good idea? Being able to spot the problem is one thing but we really needed someone to command authority and not accept bullshit performances from anyone. Based on the performance Torreira had before the International break, he should have started this weekend.

Iwobi has been frozen out of the team despite a solid performance. In just 2 games he has a goal and assist but he's dropped completely from the team.

Mkhitaryan has a goal and assist yet he's been benched.

Ramsey hasn't scored a goal or assist in 5 appearances. Ozil only has that one lucky goal he scored over the weekend. I don't see any fairness in the team selection at the moment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    At least the fact he's been hooking the same players suggests he's aware of the areas in the team that need strengthening. A mate of mine thinks he's giving the tried and tested players enough rope to hang themselves with before enforcing his changes.

Ultimately he knows this season is a bit of a free hit so he has enough time to take a good look at everyone and still probably have enough to make a crack at 4th.
    Why does he need to though, he's the manager he picks the team, if he doesn't think a player is good enough then he can just not play them, I don't see the logic in letting players mess up so he has a reason to get rid, if he doesn't rate them then he's entitled to drop them and never play them again.

I don't reckon we'll get 4th personally, reckon 6th is probably where we'll end up behind Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Spurs and Man U, we just haven't strenghtened enough to get 4th.

As mentioned though, right now all looks a bit too familiar to the previous managers team and play, thought PSG played good football when he was there, however it turns out that Neymar was the boss there and not him so hard to tell how much of that was Emery.

I'm hoping we see something a bit different in the next few months and see certain players dropped and eventually sold (or released if we can't sell), though I can't help but worry that they won't when I see his starting lineups.
    Last edited by Özim; 17-09-2018 at 06:41 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think there could be something to it....but honestly, I just think he actually rates Xhaka and a few others.

If he is giving them enough rope to hang themselves, then he should be careful they don't use that rope to hang him with rather than themselves. Even if this season is a free hit, he has his reputation to restore (even if unjustified and knowing PSG are a basket case). He will also know that he will not earn himself much goodwill for seasons to come if we neither finish top 4 nor win the Europa league and come anywhere near any of the cups.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We’ve won 3 in a row now, something I’m not sure we even managed to do last season. It’s not been particularly convincing but we have responded to those opening 2 defeats. There are plenty of sterner tests to come but if he can manage to get results while he’s finding his best team then that is a small crumb of encouragement.

I want to see certain changes as well but I accept that those are not easy decisions to make when the team is winning.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    I want to see certain changes as well but I accept that those are not easy decisions to make when the team is winning.
    Granted, but he really didn't make those changes when we were losing either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power n Glory View Post
    I doubt it. Is he waiting for us to lose again to pull the trigger? Is that a good idea? Being able to spot the problem is one thing but we really needed someone to command authority and not accept bullshit performances from anyone. Based on the performance Torreira had before the International break, he should have started this weekend.

Iwobi has been frozen out of the team despite a solid performance. In just 2 games he has a goal and assist but he's dropped completely from the team.

Mkhitaryan has a goal and assist yet he's been benched.

Ramsey hasn't scored a goal or assist in 5 appearances. Ozil only has that one lucky goal he scored over the weekend. I don't see any fairness in the team selection at the moment.
    I read that Iwobi is injured, I also read that Emery really likes him so I think he will get regular game time when he is fit.

I do think dropping Mkhi is weird, but then you could argue he has made way for Laca who has arguably been our best player this season.

I totally agree re: Ramsey & Ozil, both are being picked on reputation only IMO.

Im still sitting on the fence with Emery, one thing I do like about him is that he is proactive but he has made some very questionable decisions with team selection in every game so far.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    I read that Iwobi is injured, I also read that Emery really likes him so I think he will get regular game time when he is fit.

I do think dropping Mkhi is weird, but then you could argue he has made way for Laca who has arguably been our best player this season.

I totally agree re: Ramsey & Ozil, both are being picked on reputation only IMO.

Im still sitting on the fence with Emery, one thing I do like about him is that he is proactive but he has made some very questionable decisions with team selection in every game so far.
    Is he proactive if he’s waiting on a bad result to drop certain players? That seems reactive. Same goes for half time subs. That’s more of a reaction after a slow start and it’s telling that we’re winning games with goals in the 2nd half rather than a quick start and killing games early. We have a good vibe around the camp at the moment and my guess is that everyone is enthusiastic because of the changes they see. I’d argue that is also helping us to get good results because this team is battling it out to win and prove a point. I don’t think we should wait to be guy punched before changing things around. Set the standard high early on, drop certain players and cultivate an atmosphere that suggest the manager will change things around if you’re not playing up to the standard required regardless of the results.

The Mkhi decision is weird. The problem. It's probably the result of playing Lacazette but this is the sort of thing that used to annoy me about Wenger. As a result of not wanting to ruffle the feathers, we've shifted Aubameyang and Ozil into wide position with Ramsey playing as a 10. I'm not convinced about Ozil playing wide because he always drifts into the middle which leaves the right exposed. I noticed Guendouzi was covering the the right side more during the game. I'm all for such adjustments if it gets the best out of key players but at the moment it's not getting anything out of any of them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be honest for me Ramsey should be dropped, I'd give him an ultimatum and ask him if he's going to sign (and if so give him a deadline, though we should have done that before the transfer deadline) and if he isn't not play him, we need to build a team with players who will still be here next season, not put someone in the shop window and keep them fit.

IMO he's walking away for free next summer, so I'd just let him play in the reserves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ramsey is not needed in this team. He is occupying a slot that Oil.should fill .and depriving the team of theoption to use Mikhi out wide. He needs to be dropped and sold in December. A wide player would.also.be nice. Xhaka cam also play as AM. Given that he is frankly not a DM. I can't understand Emery' s fascination with Ramsey
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ramsey is a HUGE fraud. He wouldnt even get into my Arsenal B team bench.
    Arsene Wenger, the only football manager that got paid 8 million quid to do nothing but sit on his arse..