User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Match reaction. Newcastle v Arsenal 15/09/18

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    Ramsey is not needed in this team. He is occupying a slot that Oil.should fill .and depriving the team of theoption to use Mikhi out wide. He needs to be dropped and sold in December. A wide player would.also.be nice. Xhaka cam also play as AM. Given that he is frankly not a DM. I can't understand Emery' s fascination with Ramsey
    Yep, totally agree.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ramsey will start tomorrow. Xhaka will start tomorrow. The team will remain the same.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    100%.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How were Mkhitaryan and Iwobi, Blink? I only saw the highlights and some post match comments.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was disappointed with Mhki but then he got into the game a little and influenced it a lot more. Iwobi was very good as most have said and yet I feel guilty for feeling like he can still do more. It's more aspirational than critical though and on the whole I'm heartened by his progress this season so far. A friend of mine ended up giving me his ticket for my birthday so maybe I saw the game slightly differently to normal and wonder if I'd have felt the same watching it on tv....
    He's a dribbler and we are a little light on the ground with them this season. His inclusion is very welcome to the squad to me. Hope he keeps really working at his weaknesses because you can see he has tried to work at his game. Really liked Guendouzi's cameo too.

Moved back to London a few months ago so it's good to be close enough to go! Going again tomorrow and actually really looking forward to it despite firmly expecting us to finish outside the top 4.

It's interesting because most have taken Torreira and Auba coming off Thursday to mean they will both start tomorrow....but like you I just have the feeling the lineup will be the same as the last league game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Happy Birthday! A good time to be close enough to be able to go to the Emirates.

I saw a couple of clips of Iwobi and was surpised to see him dribbling more. I've never thought of him as a dribbler. Under Wenger, he'd usually play one touch / two touch football. Hope to see more of him this season. He has something there. He can be frustrating but hope he's given a proper chance this season. Delivered a good pass to set up the goal.

Saying that, I doubt we'll see much changes to the line up today.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers!

He was a bit more pass and move under Wenger yeah but it seems as if he's using the ability to dribble a bit more, particularly as he can see we a are light on the ground with that skill.

Hope he retains a healthy smart mix because I still feel far too often we don't move the ball around quickly enough and the quick combination play between the wide players and central players doesn't happen often enough.