The half time substitutions are fine, but feeling the need to bring Torreira on at half time in every game is just screaming that he should be starting. So just cut to the chase and start him. Player's coming off at half time is a little humiliating and confidence denting for them. Because it is at half time, we don't get to see the theatrics of them being annoyed at being hooked, but that doesn't mean they are not. Every player wants a chance to play better after half time.

Not especially bothered who is sacrificed for Torreira starting, as long as he starts. Xhaka had a good game overall but I'd have no problem if Emery starts Torreira and Ramsey in midfield or Torreira and Guendouzi. I thought Ramsey was pretty poor actually.

Didn't think much of our forwards yesterday neither but I think the formation isn't best suited to the players and circumstances.

The fact Leno is sitting on the bench.....a huge chunk of a very tight summer budget is why you must never remove or sever the link between the manager and the recruitment of players. Not exactly the most harmonious team planning.