User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction vs Everton (home).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I firmly expected us to drop points against Newcastle and could easily see it unfolding against Watford...so if we beat Watford too, I'll be pretty impressed results wise.

Watford are as physical team as there is in the prem now and have a few players that can nick the points from you.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    It's early days for Emery and I'm reasonably satisfied so far

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    It's early days for Emery and I'm reasonably satisfied so far, he's started playing two forwards and brought in Torreira for the last game so he is making changes.

His persistence with Xhaka puzzles me a bit, I just don't think the guy brings anything to the team that we need, he's slow, poor defensively and doesn't offer much going forward either.

Realistically though right now there's too many Wenger players who are still regulars, I was a bit underwhelmed with our summer transfer business for this reason, think we needed a couple more new faces to give us more options and allow us to phase some of the players selected by the former manager out. Due to the fact we have no alternatives we can't, they weren't good enough last season and they're not good enough now regardless of the system.

Next season I expect we'll see something quite different (hopefully minus Xhaka and Mustafi), we definitely need some width and a few more new faces, right now I just want to see some progression and for us to moe away from anything the former manager was doing, playing two strikers is a good start as is playing Torreira (though it took him a few games to implement those changes).

As I said before I don't rate this squad of players, quite a few of them lack heart, desire and that winning mentality, Cazorla even said they lacked belief they could win, I can't wait to see this squad overhauled, IMO last seasons' group of players was one of the worst we've ever had all in (there's obviously a few exeptions), anyone that thought a new manager could do anything with that bunch is sadly misguided.

It's one thing having a manager in charge for a few years and using that squad but it's something completely different taking over from a guy who was there over 20 years and ingrained his players with a nonsensical approach year after year, I'm afraid for those guys there's no hope, get rid and bring in players you can teach.
    Bellerin is slowly improving as is Iwobi and Laca and even Mustafi isn't quite as bad so though the collective system is no more discernible, individuals are improving......and as everybody keeps mentioning, Sokratis having a go at mustafi after he got injured covering him shows that the culture is changing here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not much talk of how shite Ozil has been. Or has continued to be.

If Unai really wants to make a statement, he can start by getting rid of him.

He's like a giant shadow that continues to be cast over the team.
    Last edited by Marc Overmars; 25-09-2018 at 01:13 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post

Are you saying he's not a good player at all, or we aren't getting the best out of him or he doesn't fit into our system?
    I call bullshit on the first of those, if it's the other two then Emery should work with him, there's no doubt about his quality.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Are you saying he's not a good player at all, or we aren't getting the best out of him or he doesn't fit into our system?
    I call bullshit on the first of those, if it's the other two then Emery should work with him, there's no doubt about his quality.
    When was the last time he had a great season? This could be a Fernando Torres moment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don’t think Emery will do anything about him. Emery made a huge point about every player needing to put a shift in on defence at the start of the season but he’s allowed Ozil to continue playing the same way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Well he’s not a bad player and he has undoubted ability, but I think he’s massively overrated and isn’t anywhere near as good as he’s perceived to be. Bit bored of hearing excuses for him in all honesty. Talent is one thing, applying that consistently on the pitch is another.

There are a lot of players in this league who I think I’d prefer to him. Hell, there are players in our squad who deserve a shot ahead of him.

He’s always the elephant in the room.
    Last edited by Marc Overmars; 25-09-2018 at 01:50 PM.

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’m sick of him tbh.

I could understand it if he was on the same wage structure as everyone else, but instead, he’s the highest paid at the club - based purely on his former stature.

If he was paid per performance he would be working part time to make ends meet.

On 5 live they we’re saying that he doesn’t look happy when he plays, I mean what the fuck does he expect things to be like exactly!?!
    It’s probably likely that he doesn’t like it now he can’t have every other game off and is being told buck his ideas up by Emery!

He lets himself down continually, he mis places a pass and gets stroppy, or if he loses the ball the minute he comes into possession - he just lifts his arms up and down and watches the player run away from him. It’s pathetic to watch.

He should be the guy inspiring the players around him to up their game, instead he is less than a passenger most of the time.
    I’ll give him his due in that he scored a couple of goals, but that’s not what he’s there for. As a play maker, this season, he has been shocking tbh.

It’s time he sorted himself out or by January we should be looking to offload him somewhere.

He is living on past glories, overhyped, overpaid and not playing as well as he should be.

And, quiet frankly, I for one have had enough.
    Last edited by KSE Comedy Club; 25-09-2018 at 03:01 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My opinion on Ozil has always been quite fluid. He’s had times where he’s genuinely looked a cut above and other times where he’s been utterly useless.

IMO his performances over the past couple of seasons have levelled out now to a point where there are barely any peaks and we’re looking at mostly troughs. He’s 30 this year and maybe we have to consider whether he’s actually past his best.