Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
Yep, I agree with a lot of this. I think if we are brutally honest we are not quite a top 4 yet and as such will struggle in the big games until Emery really puts his stamp on the team. This is still basically a “Wenger” team, Emery needs team to change both the personal and mentality of this team.

The Liverpool game in a few weeks time is s write off for me, we are a few levels below them right now IMO.
You're right it is a Wenger team and that's the issue at the moment, at least this guy is willing to play forwards though, for years we were stuck with Wenger who was obsessed with playing one striker and about 9 midfielders!

Personally I think this team needs dismantling in areas and Emery needs to bring his own players in, obviously there are some that can stay but it just freshening up, Ramsey will be off so that's one, hopefully we can sell Xhaka, Mustafi and a few others to make room for some better more suitable players, a quality winger and a top notch CB and maybe a couple more.

Emery knows PSG so maybe he can pick one of their more talented youngsters as well as he tried last summer.