User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction vs Everton (home).

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's on my birthday (the Liverpool game) so I wouldn't be expecting much from that.

More interested in the Spud/Man utd games in December given that is the weekend and then midweek.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    It's on my birthday (the Liverpool game) so I wouldn't be expecting much from that.

More interested in the Spud/Man utd games in December given that is the weekend and then midweek.
    i agree think those are more important games because they are the teams who have been a bit hit and miss this season as well and those that will be fighting for 4th place.

If Liverpool play well they will bash us and there isn't anything we can do about it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    No doubt we’re going to be absolutely roasted by Liverpool in a few games time. Unless there’s a dramatic improvement at the back.
    Partially agree (Bellerin, Monreal) constantly on the wrong side of the attacker and Mustafi is a fucking snail.
    However, our midfield still offers very little protection which does not help.
    Liverpool and City will fucking murder us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    I agree with Zim in that a lot of this is down to personnel, Emery just doesn't have enough of his "type" of player. What we became under Wenger was so far removed from any style and cohesion that we completely lost our identity. I'm not exactly sure what Emery is trying to achieve just yet but I'm not overly concerned at the moment because by hook or crook we're getting the wins.

It was a mixed bag for Klopp as well when he joined Liverpool. However I think he had some existing hard working players who suited his philosophy and they were able to pull out big performances at least sporadically. We haven't seen those sparks from us just yet and that's been the disappointing thing.

I've got my eye firmly on that Liverpool game at the start of November. Proper acid test for Emery and he won't have the same benefit of the doubt he had against City and Chelsea.
    It's not a great squad and Emery is limited to what he can work with. That's true. But looking beyond that, when looking at where he's asking certain players to play, what is it that he trying to get out of them playing there?

I can almost understand trying to get Ramsey playing higher up the pitch to focus on runs in the box and scoring. But the way Ramsey plays it, he might as we be a second striker because he doesn't contribute to midfield build up play. It's like we only have two Cm's. With that being the case, why not just play Aubameyang and Lacazette up front? Lacazette is working his socks off at the moment with strong link up play and can bang in goals. If not two strikers, why not just play Mkhitaryan or Iwobi as the number 10? We'd get more polish from Mkhitaryan for sure. Or why not just play Ozil as 10?

Now speaking of Ozil, I think he's pretty shit regardless of where he plays but you're going to persist with him and try to get him to defend, wouldn't it be better to just play him as a 10 or not to play at all. What are we trying to pull from him playing on the right wing? He won't gets goals because he's afraid to shoot, doesn't like to defend and he's not even that great at carving a defence up with splitting passes. What more will we get from him out wide if in his natural position he's not that effective? Again, Mkhitaryan or Iwobi can play that position. Heck, if you want a workmanlike performance, Danny Welbeck can play there and he'd be more dangerous on the counter.

Last and definitely the least, Xhaka. There is no reason to play this guy over Torreira or Guendouzi. We have options. Try Elneny there instead. Try bringing Ramsey back and coaching him to play like a CM. We can't say we're limited to choice for this position. We have options.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd forgotten the detail about him preparing for the opposition and doing his homework. The last few game she has spoken about needing to control games better which makes it even more strange why he gives Ramsey a position in which he has these low touch games. He miraculously got 2 assists against Everton....but from where I was sitting I genuinely only knew he was on the field by the lineup on the screen, as I missed kick off and got to my seat late.

The problem will resolve itself as his contract will run down and we may lose him anyway, but I think we have to call his bluff on this one unlike with Ozil. Can't get mugged off yet again.

Interesting and slightly odd we are being linked with Banega again who I'd have loved to see here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysqfMyrb-2g

New Arsenal Vision Podcast

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    I'd forgotten the detail about him preparing for the opposition and doing his homework. The last few game she has spoken about needing to control games better which makes it even more strange why he gives Ramsey a position in which he has these low touch games. He miraculously got 2 assists against Everton....but from where I was sitting I genuinely only knew he was on the field by the lineup on the screen, as I missed kick off and got to my seat late.

The problem will resolve itself as his contract will run down and we may lose him anyway, but I think we have to call his bluff on this one unlike with Ozil. Can't get mugged off yet again.

Interesting and slightly odd we are being linked with Banega again who I'd have loved to see here.
    We have three major players all playing out of position and none of them are playing particularly well. What’s more frustrating is that I think we’ll see the exact same line up for the next game unless someone gets injured.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power n Glory View Post
    We have three major players all playing out of position and none of them are playing particularly well. What’s more frustrating is that I think we’ll see the exact same line up for the next game unless someone gets injured.
    Our next game is Brentford so that seems unlikely

I don't know what to make of how things are going this season really. We've lost the games you'd expect, we've won the games you'd expect. We've not played that well but it's early days in Emery's reign yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forgot about the cup game. Plenty of changes to come there but we'll probably see the same team that played against Everton play against Watford. Can't afford to underestimate Watford.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's early days for Emery and I'm reasonably satisfied so far, he's started playing two forwards and brought in Torreira for the last game so he is making changes.

His persistence with Xhaka puzzles me a bit, I just don't think the guy brings anything to the team that we need, he's slow, poor defensively and doesn't offer much going forward either.

Realistically though right now there's too many Wenger players who are still regulars, I was a bit underwhelmed with our summer transfer business for this reason, think we needed a couple more new faces to give us more options and allow us to phase some of the players selected by the former manager out. Due to the fact we have no alternatives we can't, they weren't good enough last season and they're not good enough now regardless of the system.

Next season I expect we'll see something quite different (hopefully minus Xhaka and Mustafi), we definitely need some width and a few more new faces, right now I just want to see some progression and for us to moe away from anything the former manager was doing, playing two strikers is a good start as is playing Torreira (though it took him a few games to implement those changes).

As I said before I don't rate this squad of players, quite a few of them lack heart, desire and that winning mentality, Cazorla even said they lacked belief they could win, I can't wait to see this squad overhauled, IMO last seasons' group of players was one of the worst we've ever had all in (there's obviously a few exeptions), anyone that thought a new manager could do anything with that bunch is sadly misguided.

It's one thing having a manager in charge for a few years and using that squad but it's something completely different taking over from a guy who was there over 20 years and ingrained his players with a nonsensical approach year after year, I'm afraid for those guys there's no hope, get rid and bring in players you can teach.