User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Match Reaction v Waterford (home).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With a much weaker team and even less time to prepare because he took over at Liverpool when the season had already kicked off, Klopp showed quickly that he was able to beat Chelsea and City within his first couple of months. Some dodgy performances here and there but he showed he was capable of beating all of the big teams over the season. And he didn't have a summer transfer window to prepare.

Are we not setting the bar high enough? So far, I haven't seen a convincing performance from the team but I'd be far more encouraged if we could take it to one of the big teams and take all 3 points. A key concern of mine before Emery joined was his head to head record against managers the well known title winning managers. It's not great. With a better team, my hope is that he will show he's able to compete.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    It will be, but let's not throw our toys out of the pram (I'm looking at you, FY) if there hasn't been much.
    Early doors yet.
    At least for now we've been winning the games we should be winning, last year we weren't even doing that, not away from home anyway.
    Exactly, he’s got a mammoth task of trying to remove 20 plus years of one man’s culture at the club. It’s going go take some time to turn things round. The only comparable job to this is Moyes at Man Utd and we’ve all seen how that’s panned out. There probably haven’t been many managers in the history of the game who have had to tackle this sort of task.

I’m not bothered about the top teams this season at all. If we beat up on the smaller teams that’s the foundation for improvement because we haven’t even been doing that regularly for a few years now. Our style I could care less about for now too. As long as we win. Which we’re doing so there’s no problems for now. It’s impossible to give any sort of assessment about Emery or what his thinking is after 10 games. I never saw us finishing top five this season and until he has another summer window this still isn’t his team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We could crack top 5 but that would mostly be down to the clusterfuck happening over at ManU. Long may it continue. Somethings are bleeding obvious. Ramsey and Ozil together do not work. Hopefully Ramsey has helped us sort out that conundrum by removing himself from the equation permanently. Likewise the keeper situation has found natural resolution. Not wanting to wish an injury on Mustafi as Id prefer we sell him in January, but he too has to go. We need a winger and if Welbeck is sold, a back-up striker.
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm perhaps Liverpool are a yardstick of where we aim to be in three years time but I would expect more than what they have had.

Top 4 is plausible this season based on what I've seen so far.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    It will be, but let's not throw our toys out of the pram (I'm looking at you, FY) if there hasn't been much.
    Early doors yet.
    At least for now we've been winning the games we should be winning, last year we weren't even doing that, not away from home anyway.
    I am expecting us to lose. What I want from this team (and for any past Arsenal team) is that they put in their best foot forward. If we lose this game 6-0 or something, then I'd be worried. I just want us to be competitive.. thats all.
    Arsene Wenger, the only football manager that got paid 8 million quid to do nothing but sit on his arse..