User Tag List

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction vs Fulham (away).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Started watching just before 30th min and missed the last goal- but can't remember the last time I was this satisfied with us.

While watching the 1st half I decided to look up the stats and confirmed this season we've only scored 1st half goals from open play when either/both Iwobi or Mhki start the game.

I've said it before, but those 2, especially Iwobi, put life into the football Emery is trying to play- and I think the difference today was that the tempo was set straight away instead of waiting for the 2nd half to bring one of them in as a sub.

I strongly hope Emery notices this and starts us off on the strong footing in games to come.

Thoroughly enjoyable match, great performance.

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Played our most fluent and slick football of the season.

Without Ozil.

we look worse when he does play. He slows things down, loses the ball, misplaces passes and gets stroppy everytime he does.

I think he needs to be dropped for a while tbh.

Right up until.......January time. Things change around a bit in January

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Played our most fluent and slick football of the season.

Without Ozil.

Over 90mins I agree but I think our best half of attacking football was the 1st half of that Chelsea game- and yeah Mhki and Iwobi started.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    For so many years we've hadn't repetitive rubbish football, never playing two strikers up front, never playing players who are goalscorers, as soon as we show a willingness to play goalscorers and as it the case two of them we look so much more lethal.

Emery definitely showing flexibility, it's early days and I don't agree with everything but on the whole it's been a very positive change and just shows what you can do is you're more flexible.
    I still think Emery has a lot to learn about these players and doesn't know his strongest lineup, but cleary he's getting more from them than the man who knew them inside out.

If AW in his latter years wasn't so fixated about tippy tappy Barca rubbish, he would easily have achieved more with this bunch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw some of the second half and to score 5 goals away from home is fantastic.

I want to see Arsenal beat a top team away from home, that would be great if it happens.

Unai Emery is doing a great job so far.

Great stuff but they have to keep it going.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's refreshing that he's not complaining about fixture congestion, early kick offs and such like. Just seems to want to get on with it, and I think that attitude rubs off on the players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lacazette has been amazing this season, really coming good, glad he's getting his chance, always felt he would be very good for us given the chance, IMO that would have never happened under Wenger as he wanted someone who got too involved in the play, under Emery playing his natural game he's really flourished and become the striker he was at Lyon.

To think we might have ended up selling him had Wenger stayed on as a fair share of people weren't very impressed last season and thought he wasn't good enough, good to see him come good, having two top strikers is a real positive and it's been so long since we've had that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problem with today is that Ramsey played his part and that he'll be gone come next season.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's a problem for next season, not this one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Emery’s been getting his team selections more or less right with the “B team” in the cups, and this was probably the closest thing we’ve seen to a B team front 4 in the league so far - more players playing in roles that suit them, and it sounds like the difference was night and day? Good to see the players who have been delivering for us being rewarded with starts too. Looking forward to seeing the highlights later - sounds like things are starting to fall into place...