User Tag List

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction vs Fulham (away).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    Problem with today is that Ramsey played his part and that he'll be gone come next season.
    He did but we’d have won without him.
    He’s nothing special.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    He did but we’d have won without him.
    He’s nothing special.
    Either way, I’m sure it’s not a new situation for Emery to be experiencing and he knows what he’s doing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just seen the goals - loved the last one! 3 passes, straight through the middle and through on goal - simple as that!

Even the usual “A team” players seemed fired up and in sync when they came on - not sure what’s suddenly changed or clicked, but I hope we keep it going...

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's on!

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is beneficial is that we have very few players that will go away for internationals, or the ones that do, probably won't play much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    Emery’s been getting his team selections more or less right with the “B team” in the cups, and this was probably the closest thing we’ve seen to a B team front 4 in the league so far - more players playing in roles that suit them, and it sounds like the difference was night and day? Good to see the players who have been delivering for us being rewarded with starts too. Looking forward to seeing the highlights later - sounds like things are starting to fall into place...
    I don’t know why people were getting in a huff early on because he was giving the under performers a chance. It’s so early in the season and as far as I can see he’s giving the whole squad a chance while he works out what’s best for the team. The fact that we’ve won every game during this experimental period means he deserves a fair amount of credit.

It looks like the team are enjoying themesleves again and responding to some proper coaching and a new way of thinking. It’s still early days and we’re due a slip-up but I’m really encouraged so far. Long may it continue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only Chapman, Graham and Wenger have won 9 in a row.

Title is in the bag.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More like it. That was good to watch. I didn't expect Emery to tinker with the team selection so much and switch formations in one weekend. Good to see he's not wedded to one system.

Iwobi is a game changer. He's a totally different player under Emery.

Lacazette too. He's doing the link up play but also scoring for fun. He's become a crucial part of the team and not just a goalscorer.

May this continue. Good around performance. Keep Ozil out of the starting line up until he's able to come off the bench and contribute. If we're playing 442, Aubameyang will do some damage so I think he should be starting games. Good to Mkhitaryan get his spot back as well. Hopefully he keeps it.

Good win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    I don’t know why people were getting in a huff early on because he was giving the under performers a chance. It’s so early in the season and as far as I can see he’s giving the whole squad a chance while he works out what’s best for the team. The fact that we’ve won every game during this experimental period means he deserves a fair amount of credit.

It looks like the team are enjoying themesleves again and responding to some proper coaching and a new way of thinking. It’s still early days and we’re due a slip-up but I’m really encouraged so far. Long may it continue.
    Technically, Ozil had a back spasm so wasn't officially dropped. Besides Sokratis, I think most of the usuals that started off on the bench had reasons outside of football for being dropped. We have to wait to the next game to see if changes stick. Hopefully they will.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SMatthews View Post
    Only Chapman, Graham and Wenger have won 9 in a row.

Title is in the bag.
    Wenger