User Tag List

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction vs Fulham (away).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    I think he's more than just a goal-scorer and a finisher - his hold up play is fantastic, he brings his team mates into the attack like no one else in the squad, right across the pitch, and he grafts hard to win the ball from the front. Oddly enough, I think he's the exact player Wenger hoped Giroud would be for us, but with mobility and goals...
    I hate to compare him to such a reviled individual, but Lacazette is almost doing what RVC was when Wenger moved him permanently into the middle. His all-round play is beyond what I think anyone expected.

That he's not a complete cunt and everyone seems to love him is just a bonus.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    without doubt our best possible starting eleven features Sokratis rather than Mustafi and almost anyone instead of Xhaka, hopefully AMN once he's back but i still feel Elneny's not getting much of a looking atm which is a bit of a shame

I touched on it in another thread, but I think Elneny is the first player I can confidently say Emery doesn't particularly rate. He's only getting Cup games and even then he was taken off the other day early and wasn't even on the bench against Fulham.

His biggest problem is that Guendouzi can seemingly do everything he does, but better and with much more confidence and conviction.

Guendouzi is obviously the one that would take Xhaka's place once he irons out some of his kinks.

And if Maitland-Niles can show he knows how to play in midfield consistently, then we would have a really good blend of options.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Yeah really impressed with Lacazette, he’s turned into a different animal this season. His confidence was shot last year when he went through that drought and Wenger compounded the issue by constantly taking him off. Now he’s come back hungry and seems to have a really infectious attitude that’s great for the team.
    Wenger had something against short strikers. Took him an age to sign Lacazette and a lot of the short strikers he signed ended up playing on the wing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Splinter View Post
    I hate to compare him to such a reviled individual, but Lacazette is almost doing what RVC was when Wenger moved him permanently into the middle. His all-round play is beyond what I think anyone expected.

That he's not a complete cunt and everyone seems to love him is just a bonus.
    Yeah, I did think of that odious little shit, briefly, but then it made me sneeze so I stopped.

Lacazette hasn’t found the need to make up his own trophy yet and award it to himself, so hopefully the comparisons begin and end with his playing ability.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Splinter View Post
    I touched on it in another thread, but I think Elneny is the first player I can confidently say Emery doesn't particularly rate. He's only getting Cup games and even then he was taken off the other day early and wasn't even on the bench against Fulham.

His biggest problem is that Guendouzi can seemingly do everything he does, but better and with much more confidence and conviction.

Guendouzi is obviously the one that would take Xhaka's place once he irons out some of his kinks.

And if Maitland-Niles can show he knows how to play in midfield consistently, then we would have a really good blend of options.
    What about Chambers? Is the door still open for him, do you think, or is he toast?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chambers is an odd one. I didn't think he had much of a future here, but then he got a new contract.....shortly followed by then going out on loan. I think he is in danger of simply becoming forgotten about all over again particularly with Holding showing once more what he is about.

Elneny is just not progressive enough and now we have the virtues of Torreira which covers a whole multitude of collective filthy sins in this squad...Elneny is slightly more redundant.

I think if Emery gets a proper look at AMN he will like him, which will not help Elneny's cause and make the situation any better for him.

If Laca stays at this level, he is heading for world class status.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agree about Guendouzi, a great prospect, and already arguably to be preferred to Xhaka while being quite a bit longer so has the excuse of youth when he gets it wrong

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    Chambers is an odd one. I didn't think he had much of a future here, but then he got a new contract.....shortly followed by then going out on loan. I think he is in danger of simply becoming forgotten about all over again particularly with Holding showing once more what he is about.

Elneny is just not progressive enough and now we have the virtues of Torreira which covers a whole multitude of collective filthy sins in this squad...Elneny is slightly more redundant.

I think if Emery gets a proper look at AMN he will like him, which will not help Elneny's cause and make the situation any better for him.

If Laca stays at this level, he is heading for world class status.
    Numbers and quality are both against Mo now - he’s been safe enough when we need him, and I don’t think he’s necessarily done anything wrong, but when you look at where we were this time last season, he now has AMN, Torreira and Guendouzi as extra competition in CM (maybe even Smith Rowe too?), and I reckon Emery / Raul / Sven have simply done the math and concluded that it’s a wage we don’t need to be paying.

What kind of midfielder is Emery going to shape AMN into, I wonder (assuming he even sees him as a CM!)?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Expecting or hoping?