User Tag List

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction vs Fulham (away).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Merson is probably right to be fair, its how we respond that matters.

Craig Bellamy can fuck off though, he's not a fan so doesn't understand.. kind of answered his own question the bell end.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Merson's more-or-less right. I don't know about a thrashing but we will get found out if we keep defending like we have.
    Fulham should have scored early in the game and we gifted them possession for their equaliser. Better teams will punish us more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll be interested to see what Emery makes of AMN. If he is as researched as we are told....he's bound to already have a view. I think with his ability and athleticism he is surely precisely the kind of player Emery would like to have. Cool on the ball and has the ability to pass it out from the back.

Surprised the we've got our Arsenal back has aroused as much discussion in the media/social media world as it has.

Not sure what Merson is on about.... we weren't thrashed by City or Chelsea. Of course we might be beat by Liverpool, but why is he expecting us to imminently get thrashed? Liverpool haven't hit full stride so it's not as if that's a foregone conclusion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    I'll be interested to see what Emery makes of AMN. If he is as researched as we are told....he's bound to already have a view. I think with his ability and athleticism he is surely precisely the kind of player Emery would like to have. Cool on the ball and has the ability to pass it out from the back.

Surprised the we've got our Arsenal back has aroused as much discussion in the media/social media world as it has.

Not sure what Merson is on about.... we weren't thrashed by City or Chelsea. Of course we might be beat by Liverpool, but why is he expecting us to imminently get thrashed? Liverpool haven't hit full stride so it's not as if that's a foregone conclusion.
    we should really have got something from Chelsea. City beat us without needing to get out of 2nd gear really but that was our first game of the season. And neither city or Liverpool have really got going this year. Chelsea are being carried by Hazard at the moment.

we aren't going to win the league but it is nice going on a good run and not expecting it to collapse either in November, March.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Splinter View Post
    I touched on it in another thread, but I think Elneny is the first player I can confidently say Emery doesn't particularly rate. He's only getting Cup games and even then he was taken off the other day early and wasn't even on the bench against Fulham.

His biggest problem is that Guendouzi can seemingly do everything he does, but better and with much more confidence and conviction.

Guendouzi is obviously the one that would take Xhaka's place once he irons out some of his kinks.

And if Maitland-Niles can show he knows how to play in midfield consistently, then we would have a really good blend of options.
    Emery definitely has a thing for Xhaka. He seems to be looking for someone that can partner Xhaka in the midfield and not necessarily the strongest duo. It's a shame Elneny can't get a game. It's not as as if progressive passing can't be taught or instructed. It's only after having some time under Wenger that Elneny started to be more cautious. Similar case to Iwobi. Elneny is always on the move with bags of stamina and I think he'd make life a lot easier for us when it comes to playing the ball out from the back. He always looks to find space to collect the ball and we need that. When he first arrived at Arsenal when we lost Cazorla to injury, we were really struggling to play the ball through the middle until he arrived. Emery might be missing a trick.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In essence Merson has only said what we’re all thinking but would it hurt to publically give Emery some encouragement and credit? He’s supposed to be an Arsenal fan isn’t he? Miserable cunt.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's a Chelsea fan, as he often points out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    He's a Chelsea fan, as he often points out.
    He's also thick as pigshit, the twat.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Obviously defence it still out weakest area but it does seem to be improving a bit each game even with the simple mistakes.
    I did mention early on that it was still shite but Emery needs time to fix it and get them playing how he wants.

But I’m more inclined to disagree with Merson tbh as we are looking a hell of a lot better on the rest of the pitch. The team have a real hunger and desire to win now, more than they ever had in the last few years imo.

It’s still early to be sure, but emery is having a positive effect on this team and the more time that passes and the more we gain confidence and win games, the less chance we will have of ‘getting a thrashing’ no matter how bad our defence might seem.

Oh and Bellamy is fucking clueless and can shut his stupid face up tbh.