Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction: Arsenal 3-1 Leicester Square

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wenger

Should of gone 15 years ago.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by topgun View Post
    Holding lucky not to concede a penalty as well.
    I don't know about that. I thought it was a stonewall penalty at first but one of the pundits on NBC explained it at HT - Holding's arms were in a natural position because he was using them to jump, and then Mendy jumped into Holding and pushed his arm onto the ball. It was impossible for Holding to move his arm away and avoid the ball.

Watch the replay again with the ref's view, it wasn't a pen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
    I don't know about that. I thought it was a stonewall penalty at first but one of the pundits on NBC explained it at HT - Holding's arms were in a natural position because he was using them to jump, and then Mendy jumped into Holding and pushed his arm onto the ball. It was impossible for Holding to move his arm away and avoid the ball.

Mark Halsey was on talkshite this afternoon saying a very similar thing about arm movement towards the ball. To me, no pel, for my mate, stonewall.

Always good to see souness choke. What an absolute wanker he is. He tried so hard to give praise but always reverted to belittling the opposition.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Absolutely delighted I went to the game now after only getting a ticket late last week. Gorgeous goals and great to see Mesut run the show. It does seem since he was dropped that he's really knuckled down. Thought he was really trying in the first half too. Great not to see Vardy's rat face wheeling away after scoring and forgot he was playing at times.

Iwobi didn't score tonight but he's fuhking immense. His decision making exceptional at the moment.

And we didn't have to play a 442 minus Mesut to play like we did against Fulham. SHould have been 5-1 / 6-1 too. Thought I'd lost the plot when I saw Xhaka at left back...but it did actually happen and he didn't play too badly there!
    Last edited by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice; 22-10-2018 at 10:57 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    Absolutely delighted I went to the game now after only getting a ticket late last week. Gorgeous goals and great to see Mesut run the show. It does seem since he was dropped that he's really knuckled down. Thought he was really trying in the first half too. Great not to see Vardy's rat face wheeling away after scoring and forgot he was playing at times.

Iwobi didn't score tonight but he's fuhking immense. His decision making exceptional at the moment.

And we didn't have to play a 442 minus Mesut to play like we did against Fulham. SHould have been 5-1 / 6-1 too. Thought I'd lost the plot when I saw Xhaka at left back...but it did actually happen and he didn't play too badly there!
    nice to see Schmeichel let 3 in too

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I rate him but they were some proper goals!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On another day Laca could have made it a proper thumping really warming to these fellas now. just need Socrates back to shore up that defence and we are golden
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguin View Post

I saw their analysis as well.

How refreshing to have someone who knows their stuff actually objectively analyse football.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sanchez

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How come Iwobi got MOTM? Ozil shat on everyone out there, no way was he not MOTM.

anyway, great effort in the second half.