User Tag List

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction: Arsenal 3-1 Leicester Square

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippy View Post
    Holding will be nowhere near this team once Sokratis and Kos are fit. Emery knows we still have issues at the back. But lets just enjoy another win and be happy that we now have a football Manager.
    Yep. To be fair Holding has been doing quite well this season but he was an absolute mess last night and lucky to be on the field. In the long-term I see no real future for him at the club, he is really vulnerable against pace, yesterday wasn't the first time he got the run-around against a pacey attacker.

We need to rebuild Central Defence this summer, we desperately need a top quality mobile young centre back who can partner one of Kos, Mustafi or Sokratis.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    I don’t know what Emery has done to Iwobi but that guy is a different animal now.

I’m so glad we have Torreira, what a bargain! The way he just effortlessly mops up any danger, it takes so much pressure off the centre backs. It’s absolutley essential he stays fit because I do fear losing him is enough to derail the team such is his quality.
    Yep, Iwobi is a nailed on starter on current form, he has been superb this season, consistent too!

Yep I love Torreira too, really good little player that has massively improved our midfield.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Slightly harsh on Holding I think.... but a top CB is one of the main things I thought we missed in the summer. Having said that, Sokratis has really impressed me.

Holding has played better than Mustafi. Even against Fulham, Adrian Clarke who lest we forget works for the club basically heavily cited Mustafi for the goal we conceded.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like Holding a lot, I think there's a top CB in there.

But yes, if we can get a CB in January we can really kick on. Emery is doing good things with what is still essentially a Wenger squad.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    Slightly harsh on Holding I think.... but a top CB is one of the main things I thought we missed in the summer. Having said that, Sokratis has really impressed me.

Holding has played better than Mustafi. Even against Fulham, Adrian Clarke who lest we forget works for the club basically heavily cited Mustafi for the goal we conceded.
    Maybe I was a little harsh, but I don't see Holding as a genuine long term option, I don't see Mustafi as one either...I shouldn't have listed him as a potential partner to a new CB.

Sokratis has really impressed me too, he looks a very good signing so far, really solid and surprisingly quite mobile.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    I like Holding a lot, I think there's a top CB in there.

But yes, if we can get a CB in January we can really kick on. Emery is doing good things with what is still essentially a Wenger squad.
    Aye, I agree. He has the offensive part of our game locked. Just needs to work on improving Midfield and Central Defence through either recruitment and / or tactics.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great 2nd half yesterday but we got lucky again because Leicester dominated us in the 1st half and should have scored more (a familiar story), not sure we'd get away with it against a better side.

No matter another win, Ozil was brilliant and the forward line works (Torreira is a brilliant signing).

I agree with Selassie, Holding isn't good enough, people were just wishing he would be the answer but in truth he's probably another Jenkinson, a player signed from the lower leagues who isn't really good enough, Mustafi isn't good enough either for that matter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure lucky is the right word. They only had two shots on target.

We need to get more control of games from the start, which will alleviate the pressure and mistakes happening in defence. We started to become slow starters at the tail end of Wenger’s reign, but even then with the same personnel we didn’t feel quite as open as frequently as we have done. Will be interesting to see if Koscienly helps improve things when he’s back.

An LB and a CB are priorities in the next 12 months.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's weird because it's not like there's one weak link letting the defence down, the threats seem to come from both wide and central areas. The back four seem like they're in sync but for some reason keep finding themselves high up the pitch early doors. I'm sure it's the system and teething issues with whatever it is Emery has asked them to do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SMatthews View Post
    Not sure lucky is the right word. They only had two shots on target.

We need to get more control of games from the start, which will alleviate the pressure and mistakes happening in defence. We started to become slow starters at the tail end of Wenger’s reign, but even then with the same personnel we didn’t feel quite as open as frequently as we have done. Will be interesting to see if Koscienly helps improve things when he’s back.

An LB and a CB are priorities in the next 12 months.
    Yes but they were all over us in the 1st half, they were by far the better side, shots on target don't really tell the story if your forwards finish poorly.

Yeah I agree, it seems in the 1st half we struggle a bit, which is fine against weaker teams, but against better teams we might find the game is out of reach by half time, usually our performances are night and day between the 1st half and 2nd half, strange really because clearly we're good enough to dominate as we show in the 2nd half of games.