User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction: Crystal Palace 2-2 Arsenal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Match Reaction: Crystal Palace 2-2 Arsenal

Ayew should have been off, Holding was mauled, Zaha dived, Palace fouled at will and Atkinson gets to referee another day.

Aside from that, both goals came from careless mistakes, firstly from Mustafi and then Lacazette.

The subs and game management was poor today too and it was all overly disjointed.

A point isn't terrible, but that it's down to a cheat of a referee that we could have overcome if not for sloppiness is just doubly annoying.

Despite being an emergency fourth-choice left-back, Xhaka, along with Holding and Torreira, was probably our best player. Contributed to both goals and was not really troubled.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We weren't going to keep winning forever.

On to Blackpool we go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not a good performance really, despite the quick comeback I never really felt like we had that game under control. Palace made it difficult for us and lets face it, we were due a slip up.

Big one next weekend. Looking forward to seeing if we can shut this narrative up about not beating any decent teams.

New Signing
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Not a good performance really, despite the quick comeback I never really felt like we had that game under control. Palace made it difficult for us and lets face it, we were due a slip up.

Big one next weekend. Looking forward to seeing if we can shut this narrative up about not beating any decent teams.
    Agreed - the team and Emery should be angry at giving two penalties away and use that anger to build confidence in the next few games.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Palace made it a clusterfuck of a match, everybody chasing the ball, all the time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't expect us to beat Liverpool and was wrong about us winning today but I don't think beating Liverpool is the be all end all and progress is certainly being made.

I had had it with Mustafi last year never mind this year so just want to see him replaced. Felt the same way about Xhaka but he is slowly redeeming himself. Missed the equaliser as my stream went but gutted we dropped points.

Ayew should have been off.

Still looking forward to going to a cheap midweek game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can’t win them all. Done by a diving one trick pony cunt.

3 games in less than 6 days, two wins and a draw is good enough.

Xhaka can’t be blamed and generally making a decent job at a brand new role.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First of all, great run by Emery and boys- in fact quite remarkable seeing the wretched set of defenders we have.

Back to the game, we were lucky to come out with a draw.

Iwobi was poor, his worst performance this season.

Torerria was below par, his worst performance this season.

Ozil does not need to start games with the way we are currently setup under Emery... It's a work in progress to find the Enery formation that suits his type.

Today also revealed how important Emery's subs have been to us in the past few games.

Now IMO the biggest mistake we made today was actually quite Wengeresque- starting all 3 holding midtielders with Xhaka as LB.

It's clear he rates all 3 of them (why he rates Xhaka is beyond me) but his indescion (Emery) cost us width on the left wing and at the end cost us a penalty no serious LB would give at such a crucial stage of the game.

Why I called it Wengeresque was it reminded me of what AW use to do with all the slow passing midfielders he rated so highly and because of indescion would end up filling our midfield and attack with the same type leading to a disjointed game with silly short passes, no width, and having to pass through the eye of a needle to score.

The similarity was that we were disjointed today and not looking threatening at all.

I am not blaming Xhaka for this result, as a lot of people let us down today, but I strongly believe playing a fit again AMN and only 2 holding Midtielders would have left us more balanced.

Oh well, it's best to get the monkey off our back before Liverpool.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post

You are right, we never controlled the game, not at any point.

I think it was mainly due to Iwobi being poor and that Ozil cannot impose himself on games any more. I know Mhki has been poor the last few games, but he syncs far better with Iwobi and Auba than Ozil ever has.

Again if we had effective wingplay in this game from both the RB and LB positions it would have helped.

Also an early goal but thats asking for to much with this team.
    Lacazette really needs to learn how to pass, he's doing my head in with this part of his game.
    Last edited by 21_GOONER_SALUTE; 28-10-2018 at 04:25 PM.