User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction: Arsenal 1-1 Liverpool

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Before the goal the ball came into prime tap in Auba territory but he wasn’t there to tap it in as he was watching from the bench. He’s had plenty of games where he has not been in the game and then Suddenly scored.

If you want a high touch high build up player there’s literally no point in him being at the club. If you want a player to score goals then he’s your man.
    Last edited by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice; 03-11-2018 at 08:41 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And he won’t score in every game. Sometimes a change is needed to make a difference especially when he’s not in the game. Worked a treat this time. Plenty of attacking talent that could’ve gambled and got into the box for those couple of crosses, but it’s also part and parcel of these games against the best teams where they are back protecting midfield. We had enough about us to win the game today, Auba or not.
    Last edited by SMatthews; 03-11-2018 at 08:48 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    None of them did though did they.

It's noaccident he has been the prems top scorer. He knows where to be.
    Last edited by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice; 04-11-2018 at 12:46 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These are the sorts of games you win if you're going to win titles.
    But I think we all know we're not there yet and, as such, I'm pretty happy with a point. Particularly because we weren't hanging on, we weren't lucky to escape with a point. We went toe to toe with a team largely feted as title contenders.
    Good game, good performance and, mostly, good defence. Fantastic goal.
    We have got a lot of points this season from losing positions, the next trick we need to learn is to stop getting into losing positions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    Thought we finally played well in a first half, finally.

Backline played better than I thought they would today and Holding brilliant again as was our midfield. Auba should have stayed on though and I thought we might have won had he stayed on. Iwobi should always be on the left and was back to his best again.
    yes to all of that

also really love Kolasinac - solid in defence and a real danger going forward.

only Monreal could keep him out of the team for me.

Laca can be frustrating when he's not in the box when a cross comes in but you can't argue with his ability to score

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Entertaining game as usual against Liverpool and a fair result in the end. We rode our luck at times but fought hard for the point.

Torreira is such a gem of a player.

Not impressed with Mkhi and I can’t say I’ve been that hot on him since he joined us. Think he’s quite flaky and too easy to nullify. Can see why United turfed him.
    Last edited by Marc Overmars; 04-11-2018 at 12:10 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Klopp reportedly said this after the game about Emery’s offensive changes during the game : “but of course in the 2nd half, like Arsenal has already do it often this season, they’ve put all of they’re forwards on the pitch, I was even expecting to see Van Persie and Bergkamp coming in”.

Karius is Boss: im starting to seriously go off your boy. Call him to order pls
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Resident Liverpool Fan Shaqiri Is Boss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    “They did what they've done a few times this season and brought pretty much all of their strikers, I was waiting for (Robin) van Persie and (Dennis) Bergkamp to come on as well!

“Because first half we were not compact enough, the three in midfield had to do too much. Then the one time we don't close the half space, they play the ball through and they scored the goal.

“That's not nice. But a point at Arsenal will always be absolutely a good result. We take that, now let's carry on.”

Draw was fair, by all accounts. I'll be honest, I didn't actually watch it.
    Last edited by Shaqiri Is Boss; 04-11-2018 at 04:41 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Draw was fair, by all accounts. I'll be honest, I didn't actually watch it.

The Wenger defence......Uhm ok.

Twas a good game, but both sides looked a step below City Im afraid
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    City are comfortably better than everyone in this league. As they should be given how expensive their squad is.

Top 4 dog fight for everyone else. I don’t see us finishing higher than 4th though.