Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction: Arsenal 1-1 Liverpool

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Match Reaction: Arsenal 1-1 Liverpool

Excellent game.

In the end 1-1 was fair. It's annoying that we didn't take advantage of good starts in both halves, but considering Liverpool are a more settled team and we were missing Monreal and Sokratis, it's a very pleasing performance overall.

Torreira, Xhaka and Holding all superb today.

Bellerin and Kolasinac once again showed what difference two flying full-backs make to our play.

Auba, Laca, Mkhitaryan and Ozil flitted between devastating and wasteful for most of the game.

Iwobi made an impact and the goal was brilliant.

If Emery can get all the players back, decides on his best XI and we iron out the defensive sloppiness, the team can only get better. Considering we're on a fantastic run already, that's a really exciting prospect.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Torreira's heatmap:

NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good result in that we didnt deserve to lose. Mikhitaryan really needs to do some soul searching and decide what he wants with the remaining years of his career. If he cant keep a novice like Iwobi on the bench then he needs to ship out. These are supposed to be the games that top pros yearn for. Ramsey can do one too.

Overall, Just relieved
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    Torreira's heatmap:

Liverpool didn't deserve to win, actually IMO they've been the poorest of the top 4 sides this season and they proved it again today, but they've got that swag that allows them to win games without playing particularly well.

I thought that was going to happen again today.

We've played better, far better this season, and maybe if we'd switched gears when it mattered we would have ended their undeserved run.

Torerria, best player ever, I wonder how we can handle any of these big boys without him.

I couldn't understand the sub of Auba and clearly neither could he. I'm not sure why Ozil played 90 mins in this game.

At the end I'll take a point, but we really need to get back to the way we were playing a couple of games ago.
    Last edited by 21_GOONER_SALUTE; 03-11-2018 at 08:07 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    Good result in that we didnt deserve to lose. Mikhitaryan really needs to do some soul searching and decide what he wants with the remaining years of his career. If he cant keep a novice like Iwobi on the bench then he needs to ship out. These are supposed to be the games that top pros yearn for. Ramsey can do one too.

Overall, Just relieved
    Your last sentence sums it all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very pleased with that. This is what Emery is doing with what is still a Wenger team.

Unbeaten in 14 now. Good across the entire team but Mikhi ain’t going last the distance by the looks of it.

We wanted to be competitive against the best teams and the work and shape of the team showed we are able to do that at the moment.

Looks like things can only get better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lacazette's goal was really enjoyable, the highlight of the game

If he could only complete the simplest of passses he'd be a world beater.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very good game defensively, best I've seen Xhaka played, he read the game defensively, was committed with his tackles. Holding played with composure.

We still need to create more chances, we are too reliant on great moments from Auba and Laca.

Good game

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thought we finally played well in a first half, finally.

Backline played better than I thought they would today and Holding brilliant again as was our midfield. Auba should have stayed on though and I thought we might have won had he stayed on. Iwobi should always be on the left and was back to his best again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Auba had space in the fist 30 on the left as did Salah on the right. The teams adjusted and both players were phased out of the game. Our goal came via the two players on the left and it made complete sense to take Auba off. He was no longer in the game.