User Tag List

Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter Transfer Window Intrigue and Excitement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We probably could have sold him last summer (should have sold him 2 summers ago to be honest) but for some reason didn't, we've missed out on money we can't afford to miss out on, clearly with the clubs that were after him selling him wouldn't have been too hard.

Again terrible planning by this club.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m not sure this comes down to planning because Ramsey by all accounts was ready to sign.

Then Gazidis left and new regime didn’t want to entertain him so you have to hope their decision proves to be right.
    Last edited by Marc Overmars; 10-01-2019 at 12:09 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    I’m not sure this comes down to planning because Ramsey by all accounts was ready to sign.

Then Gazidis left and new regime didn’t want to entertain him so you have to hope their decision proves to be right.
    it's tricky isn't it - a real impact player who seemed content with not necessarily starting every game is a real asset, but i guess it's the scale of his wage demand that's the issue - all caused by the Ozil deal of course.

can't the club go to both him and Ozil (if they want) and say 'we'd like you to stay but things are different now and we need to renegotiate your money'?

after all they're both on - or asking for - such fantastic sums that surely if they like it at Arsenal taking a cut isn't such a big deal - is it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why oh why is anybody pining after Ramsey. I wish he could leave today. This a player who wont win you games talk less of titles. 60th percentile player asking for 90th percentile wages. Good riddance!
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    it's tricky isn't it - a real impact player who seemed content with not necessarily starting every game is a real asset, but i guess it's the scale of his wage demand that's the issue - all caused by the Ozil deal of course.

can't the club go to both him and Ozil (if they want) and say 'we'd like you to stay but things are different now and we need to renegotiate your money'?

after all they're both on - or asking for - such fantastic sums that surely if they like it at Arsenal taking a cut isn't such a big deal - is it?
    I’m not sure he is an impact player. 62 goals in 11 years is pretty poor for an attacking midfielder. He’s only scored 38 league goals in that time - that is shocking.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I had hoped he'd become a bit of a Lampard type player for us but he's never been consistent.

13/14 he was exceptional though and I think we may have had a shot at winning the league if he wasn't injured during the second half of the season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are reports that we're looking to take Suarez on loan because we can't actually afford his transfer fee in this window.

If that's true then I don't think we can be expecting to get back into the CL anytime soon, if that is an indicator of our financial clout.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    Looks a massive talent to be fair, he gave us the runaround in pre-season, though granted 35 million is a lot, but they don't often get it wrong and are quite wise with their money.
    Yep, looks like another Jadon Sancho, though to be fair to Hudson-Odoi he is further ahead in his development.

This is the kind of signing we should be going for TBH.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    We probably could have sold him last summer (should have sold him 2 summers ago to be honest) but for some reason didn't, we've missed out on money we can't afford to miss out on, clearly with the clubs that were after him selling him wouldn't have been too hard.

Again terrible planning by this club.
    Yeah our handling in the transfer market and of player contracts is arguably the worst of any club in World Football, I am not exaggerating here either. In the current market, the likes of Ramsey and Sanchez (We totally botched up his contract dealings too) could have fetched us around 120million combined...this is the kind of money we have passed up on due to diabolical planning.

What I find ironic is that we are now pleading poverty after throwing crazy wages at many players who aren't even good enough to be pushing us into the Top 4 place we crave.

We have so much work to do culling this squad, it's actually scary.

We don't even have many players who we could flog who would even fetch a decent fee.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    Anyone thinking he's desperate to sell Xhaka or Mustafi is having a giraffe too.
    Both seem to be nailed on first choice under Emery. Both have improved quite a bit...but I'm still not sold on either player.

We have bigger issues to deal with...to be honest...we only seem to have a couple of positions which are locked, the rest are a mixed bag with players coming in and out of the team.

I have no idea what the long term plan is, if we really are as skint as what is being reported...seems dubious to me....then we are going to need to blood Youth, we have no other option.