User Tag List

Page 12 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter Transfer Window Intrigue and Excitement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    There are reports that we're looking to take Suarez on loan because we can't actually afford his transfer fee in this window.

If that's true then I don't think we can be expecting to get back into the CL anytime soon, if that is an indicator of our financial clout.
    I doubt we're skint, I reckon it's more to do with how we're budgeting every season. Ornstein said a bigger budget would be available in the summer - whether true or not, who knows. We've spent quite a bit in recent seasons, but the problem is it hasn't been put to good use.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Emery’s confirmed what Ornstein said about loan players only in this window, so hopefully he’s right about the summer too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Music to Stans' ears this, no money to spend, this is his perfect scenario, unbelievable how we're scraping around for pennies to be honest, we're like the paupers of the Premier League, a league literally rolling in money and yet we've can't afford anyone after a very moderate spend last summer (previous signings last season were covered by sales we'd made).

On top of that we're stuck with overpaid duds and losing the few players who worth anything and we could have sold for nothing, what a mess! Liverpool were where we are a few seasons ago, the only difference being they have some very valuable assets to sell, we've got literally noone of any real value, the last administration really have a lot to answer to after this mess they've left behind, one of them lost deservedly lost his job of course and the other decided it was time to move on and make money elsewhere.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m not sure this comes down to planning because Ramsey by all accounts was ready to sign.

Then Gazidis left and new regime didn’t want to entertain him so you have to hope their decision proves to be right.
    It should have been signed last summer, if not he should have just been sold, to not do so is incompetent, letting another player run down his contract to nothing was incompetent to be honest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are reports that we're looking to take Suarez on loan because we can't actually afford his transfer fee in this window.

If that's true then I don't think we can be expecting to get back into the CL anytime soon, if that is an indicator of our financial clout.
    Suarez is a bit of a nobody, he's 25 and hasn't really stood out, been moving around clubs for peanuts for years, don't get why we're even interested, I guess it highlights how far we've fallen that we're going after this guy.

CL seems a long way away right now, we lack quality and don't seem to have the money to change that it seems (or we just have an owner who doesn't want to spend any of the precious money he hasn't even spent on us).
    Last edited by Özim; 10-01-2019 at 04:47 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can see the logic it for this window at least. The summer is going to be the period that shows how serious the owner is about backing Emery. For now, we’re in the mix for the top four which is where we should be at the moment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Being self-sufficient is admirable but we're up against teams and owners who all speculate to accumulate. I don't expect Kroenke to plough a billion into the club like Sheikh Mansour has done at City, but it is a bit galling knowing we could possibly be doing more but we're stuck with an owner who isn't really that bothered if the team is successful or not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Being self-sufficient is admirable but we're up against teams and owners who all speculate to accumulate. I don't expect Kroenke to plough a billion into the club like Sheikh Mansour has done at City, but it is a bit galling knowing we could possibly be doing more but we're stuck with an owner who isn't really that bothered if the team is successful or not.
    Thing about Kroenke is that he's doing the opposite, he's effectively taking money out of the club isn't he, as aren't the repayment for the loan he took to buy the club outright paid essentially paid by the club?

Somehow we've ended up with the someone who has no interest in investing in the club, out of all the billionaires we have the one that doesn't want to spend a penny.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SMatthews View Post
    I can see the logic it for this window at least. The summer is going to be the period that shows how serious the owner is about backing Emery. For now, we’re in the mix for the top four which is where we should be at the moment.
    I don't think Kroenke cares that much to be honest, I don't expect much money for Emery, if we fail to get into the CL he'll get 50 million tops IMO, a bit like last summer which these days bus you very little, even the smaller clubs have spent more than that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    Thing about Kroenke is that he's doing the opposite, he's effectively taking money out of the club isn't he, as aren't the repayment for the loan he took to buy the club outright paid essentially paid by the club?

Somehow we've ended up with the someone who has no interest in investing in the club, out of all the billionaires we have the one that doesn't want to spend a penny.
    Utd have a family who have piled hundreds of millions of debt into the club and taken almost a billion out of it. Even the commercial deals haven’t covered that.