User Tag List

Page 17 of 37 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter Transfer Window Intrigue and Excitement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good fullbacks don’t grow on trees and given how Emery is trying to set us up, Bellerin is an essential member of the team moving forward.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Good fullbacks don’t grow on trees and given how Emery is trying to set us up, Bellerin is an essential member of the team moving forward.
    He is, but if we don’t get a decent budget (likely) money has to be found somewhere. The Countinho sale was seen as disaster for Liverpool’s progress at the time - look what happened.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Higuain set for Chelsea on loan with an option of an extra year.

Not sure if this is really any better than what they have. He’s 31, not pacy, not scoring as much - might just be as mixed as Morata. Meanwhile, Giroud

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I think Higuain is a complete sideways step but they seem desperate for options.

Giroud will be out the door in the summer as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    Maybe I'm in the minority but I actually think Kola has really improved. He looks decent this season TBH.

He was a Wenger buy though IIRC.

I actually quite like Sokratis...mind you I'm comparing him to all the other Garbage CB's we have so that isn't really saying much.

I do agree with you on the homegrown CB thing...Holding started to look good prior to his injury...but I've never been sold on Chambers.

I don't think Guendozi ever worked with Emery, he came from Ligue Two, Emery was most likely aware of him though.

I hear you on Emery and his vision...I'm just not sure about his record in the market and his targets don't fill me with confidence.
    I liked Kolasinac when he first came as I thought he would add a real physical presence on the left and displace Monreal who I never thought was strong enough for the position.

However, after his first few games and anytime I see him play now, I appreciate Nacho's subtility more and more- and IMO he is easily the best and most intelligent defender we have at this club. Only Holding comes somewhat close when it comes to discerning when to mix it up and what tackles to get involved in. Nacho also times his runs forward properly , has a great understanding with the attacking players and is a genuine goal threat (something I always held against him) . All the rest are Mustafi adherents- "Act before you think" fake machos with silly mistimed tackles and brainless lunges forward to set off non existent offside traps . To think we call all this crap they do "defending" makes me wonder if anyone remembers who we were.

Sokratis initially started of well but is firmly making more and more silly decisions- that penalty he gave away against Salah is easily one of the most brainless things I have ever seen a professional CB do in the top tier. Easily.

You are right about Guendozi- though he is a PSG youth product through and through he left before Emery came. Though I still think the signing was down to him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Article today in the Guardian on Arsenal's transfer situation - nothing we don't already know but some interesting figures

https://www.theguardian.com/football...ampions-league

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ornstein says we're going after Monchi for DoF.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are turning into Sevilla MK II.

Barca have signed Kevin Prince Boateng () so maybe that will give us the green light for Suarez.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cardiff’s new record signing, Emiliano Sala, was on a plane that’s gone missing over France. Warnock going a bit far to prove his point about the EU. That’s £15m into the ocean.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bit soon, dude!