User Tag List

Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter Transfer Window Intrigue and Excitement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hearing absolutely nothing about the upcoming window. We do need to get a winger in at least, and hopefully offload Ozil.
    Arsene Wenger, the only football manager that got paid 8 million quid to do nothing but sit on his arse..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m loving the transfer silence, and genuinely not knowing who our targets might be. Hopefully it means that Sven has the media stumped, and we can get any deals done quickly and cleanly before anyone knows they're happening. More Torreiras and Guendouzis please!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wouldn't be surprised if we didn't sign anybody.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wouldn't surprise me if Emery isn't given any money to spend, we didn't really give him much in the summer, on top of that we're hamstrung by our wage bill and the fact our revenue is not that high due to no CL so we don't have much room to bring anyone in.

Makes it more urgent to get rid of the likes of Ramsey, Xhaka, Mustafi and a few others as we need to free up wages for some decent players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not overly bothered if we don't sign anyone, I think we have enough to give ourselves a good shot at 4th. Though some new options would obviously be welcomed though.

I'd rather the likes of AMN, ESR and other youngsters were given opportunities for now, then in the summer we can take stock and hopefully Emery will have more to work with in the market.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    I'm not overly bothered if we don't sign anyone, I think we have enough to give ourselves a good shot at 4th. Though some new options would obviously be welcomed though.

I'd rather the likes of AMN, ESR and other youngsters were given opportunities for now, then in the summer we can take stock and hopefully Emery will have more to work with in the market.
    Our defence is awful to be fair and we've lost holding, when injuries kick in and later in the season when the forwards maybe aren't as sharp we may suffer.

To be honest I'm more worried about us playing the likes of Xhaka and Mustafi who seem to be regulars despite their obvious faults. AMN I'd like to see get a game, hard to tell whether he will though, ideally I'd like him to replace Xhaka, but Emery seems to like him.

ESM I'm not sure he'll get a game with Iwobi/Mhiki and co ahead of him in Emerys' eyes (Iwobi is very hit and miss however and Mhiki for me is a fairweather performer who just doesn't seem suited to the PL, he's not performed at all in the all the time he's been in England).
    Last edited by Özim; 13-12-2018 at 11:38 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would say...hard luck as Emery seems to very much like Mustafi and Xhaka...but things can change quickly as they have with 2 of his 5 'captains' Ramsey and Ozil....

I think it's going to be too difficult to bring in affordable quality of actual significance in this window. But hey...all power to them in trying.

Unless Emery is best mates with Mourinho and they give us Bailly. Actually on that Emery seems to be one of those rare managers that no other manager overtly dislikes....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been hearing good reports about this Nicholas Pepe kid in France I've never seen play. Seems like it might be a Zaha style signing without the exorbitant fee....

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We need to offload Ozil tbh, that would be a good January window

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    Been hearing good reports about this Nicholas Pepe kid in France I've never seen play. Seems like it might be a Zaha style signing without the exorbitant fee....
    We have been strongly linked with him and that Under kid at Roma, very surprising considering both of these guys will go for circa 45-50million. Do we even have that much to spend?

We definitely need a Winger and I'm all for Pepe coming here given what I have seen, albeit highlights on YouTube!

Priority should be Central Defence though, it's a real mess back there and needs rebuilding ASAP.