User Tag List

Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter Transfer Window Intrigue and Excitement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems like we’ll be getting Suarez on loan with an option to buy. An extra body can only help from now until the summer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the summer if we don't make the CL, the excuse will be that we can't attract players of the sufficient quality to get us back into the CL as we have no money......yet now we are saying we have little money and are saving what little we have for the summer. It's not even a cycle....it's constantly aiming to reach the horizon. The jam tomorrow approach has already started to wear thin.

The 40 million summer budget still won't be enough to sign a top centre half, a top wide player and plug any other holes in the squad unless we unearth absolute gems that don't require 2-3 years+ to come of age.

Can we not offer Inter Mustafi plus a little cash for Skrinrar? Phase Mav into the squad asap so we can see if he is a genuine prospect or another for the scrap heap.....?

Given the lack of funds, Chambers for 10-20 million this summer is virtually absolutely necessary. Then we need to find a viable option and alternative at right back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SMatthews View Post
    Isn’t that the same with every manager that leaves the club early? We could’ve always let him run down his contact for another year I guess...
    17.1 milllion for 1 season is a joke frankly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SMatthews View Post
    We haven’t agreed to pay that have we? That’s just what Inter want from the deal. The fact we seem to be asking for a loan with an option shows we aren’t committing to that sort of money at all. If we got him on loan and he helped get us into the CL, or win the Europa, the loan would’ve been a success. But that said, I don’t think he’s coming here because of the fee we’re being asked to pay.
    Inter want a deal where they sell him at the end, they don't want a loan, if we agree to the loan we'll probably have to buy him, granted we haven't agreed it yet but it's a pointless deal unless we don't have to commit to buy him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumble View Post
    does it matter if a player has a resale value if its a player that we really need. you are starting to sound like Wenger :-)
    Unfortunately it does for us as we don't seem to have much money to spend, so if we had valuable players we could sell one and use that to bring a few more in (like Liverpool). If we were rolling in money it might be different, but we're not, we got outspent by loads of small clubs last summer (most of the money the previous January came from player sales) and we have no money this January, so to me it sounds like we don't have much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Perisic is 30 in a couple of days, I didn't realise he was that old.

If we can get him on loan, great. However I certainly don't blame the club if they're balking at the obligation to buy him. 35m for a 30 year old who's never really excelled throughout his club career and is currently dining off a few decent performances at the World Cup.
    I'm with you on this, Inter want to flog him now that he's nearly 30 and isn't performing, they're hoping to mug us for 35 million, with us you never know we might take the bait, we're quite amateurish in the transfer market.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ornstein says Suarez is on his way.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47049873

Welcome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    17.1 milllion for 1 season is a joke frankly.
    Think you missed the bit about the staff. Welcome to modern football.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Denis Suarez, is that really the best we can do? I wouldn't have bothered we don't need someone in his position until Ramsey leaves and this guy won't be good enough to be a regular, seems to be a squad filler.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update on Nkunku. He wants to join but according to his agent it’s ‘complicated’. Might have to wait to the summer when he has a year left on his contract.