User Tag List

Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter Transfer Window Intrigue and Excitement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes I'm hearing this Pepe kid is already in that 50 million + bracket out of nowhere as is the trend these days.

Seriously though if we are skint, then we better all hope for a Torreira type signing which seldom actually happens in a winter window.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    Wouldn't surprise me if Emery isn't given any money to spend, we didn't really give him much in the summer, on top of that we're hamstrung by our wage bill and the fact our revenue is not that high due to no CL so we don't have much room to bring anyone in.

Makes it more urgent to get rid of the likes of Ramsey, Xhaka, Mustafi and a few others as we need to free up wages for some decent players.
    I don't want Emery to have anything to do with who they bring in. Just coach, there's levels and no just coach.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    Yes I'm hearing this Pepe kid is already in that 50 million + bracket out of nowhere as is the trend these days.

Seriously though if we are skint, then we better all hope for a Torreira type signing which seldom actually happens in a winter window.
    Why should we be skint? There is so much revenue from TV etc. Isn't the stadium paid for now?
    In addition, our tickets sales are still very good. 60,000 every home game! isn't that why we move stadiums?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think we are.... I think we have an ambitionless owner who doesn't really give a monkeys how competitive we are so long as we are profitable.

There has to be some reason we went into this season with insufficient recruits (imho) and now we've played half a season many more are saying exactly what I did in the summer....That we need to spend on better players.
    Last edited by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice; 31-12-2018 at 08:19 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IMO defending and defenders should be the only thing on our mind for the next 2 transfer windows.

We don't need to waste money on a Striker, AW actually solved that before he left. I also think Welbeck has done more than enough to be awarded a new contract.

We have a lot of good young attacking midfield talent coming through so I wouldn't waste money on that either.

I would however consider another good defensive midfielder if available, but honestly our priority needs to be sorting out this thing we call a defence with some serious classy buys. To
    Last edited by 21_GOONER_SALUTE; 05-01-2019 at 10:26 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Go all-in on a TOP TOP TOP SUPER QUALITY CB or two.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 21_GOONER_SALUTE View Post

I also think Welbeck has done more than enough to NOT be awarded a new contract.
    corrected for you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ornstein has said there is next to no budget this January but there will be ‘significant’ funds during the summer. Loan deals only apparently.

Cahill it is then.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SMatthews View Post
    Ornstein has said there is next to no budget this January but there will be ‘significant’ funds during the summer. Loan deals only apparently.

Cahill it is then.
    Better than the shite we have now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippy View Post
    Better than the shite we have now.
    If he’s not good enough for Chelsea - who aren’t much better than us - then he shouldn’t be for us. Even short term. He’d be no good with our high line. Hopefully it’s a bollocks rumour.