User Tag List

Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 LastLast

Thread: Winter Transfer Window Intrigue and Excitement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure why you've removed Wenger from that trident, he's just as culpable for overseeing such a decline on the pitch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been wondering what that special place in hell looks like, for those who promoted #WengerOut, without even a sketch of a plan how to carry it out safely.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well we had a sketch but the person who drew it fucked off before we even got going.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Not sure why you've removed Wenger from that trident, he's just as culpable for overseeing such a decline on the pitch.
    Is he, though?
    I don’t absolve him of all responsibility but if we have an owner more interested in profit than competing then we’re not going to sweeping all before us whoever our manager is.
    The accepted wisdom was that Wenger was such a bumbling idiot ™ that any manager would come in and improve things. It’s not really working out that way so far and apparently we have no money available for proper investment this summer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was accepted wisdom from those who hated Wenger and wouldn’t hear a good word said for him. Most fans that weren’t blinded by hate knew the difficulties facing the new manager, you can’t just erase 22 years in one go and turn over a new leaf, it was always going to be a challenging period in our history. Besides for how shambolic we’ve looked this season at times, we’re at least closer to 4th than we were last year.

Wenger was the one who spent pretty much all the money available to him and ended up taking us out of the CL, so he is most certainly responsible for his part.

Kroenke is the biggest obstacle to our progression granted, but let’s never forget how poisonous Wenger’s closing years were thanks to what we were seeing on the pitch.
    Last edited by Marc Overmars; 06-02-2019 at 09:17 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's all pretty reasonable, but the people who hated Wenger and wouldn’t hear a good word said for him were a loud and irritating presence particularly on line over the last couple of seasons. Any attempt I made to say that maybe things were a bit less black and white than that were met with howls of derision.
    That said, Wenger definitely had become "a problem". I'm starting to feel a bit disappointed in Emery though. I wasn't expecting miracles but while we are better off points wise than at this stage last year it's not by that much. Two of Wenger's big flaws were a lack of tactical nous and a lack of ability to motivate the team. Emery seems better in those departments but the results so far haven't been that markedly different.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You forgot about David Dein. The prick who welcomed Kroenke with open arms and sold out for a healthy return.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    That's all pretty reasonable, but the people who hated Wenger and wouldn’t hear a good word said for him were a loud and irritating presence particularly on line over the last couple of seasons. Any attempt I made to say that maybe things were a bit less black and white than that were met with howls of derision.
    That said, Wenger definitely had become "a problem". I'm starting to feel a bit disappointed in Emery though. I wasn't expecting miracles but while we are better off points wise than at this stage last year it's not by that much. Two of Wenger's big flaws were a lack of tactical nous and a lack of ability to motivate the team. Emery seems better in those departments but the results so far haven't been that markedly different.
    As we are the 5th/6th best team, I’m not sure what else there is to expect. The expectations after only 6 months on a new manager are ridiculous.

But in reality, the frustrations of the past few years are still being felt and now placed onto the new managers back. Hardly anyone is willing to give him a ‘free pass’. Even if we do get into the CL via Europa or 4th, he still won’t be given enough credit for it, even though most fans thought we’d miss out at the start of the season. But again, how online fans react to those in the stadium are two different worlds in the most part.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SMatthews View Post
    As we are the 5th/6th best team, I’m not sure what else there is to expect. The expectations after only 6 months on a new manager are ridiculous.
    i expect him to work out far more quickly than he has that Xhaka, Mustafi, Iwobi and Lichsteiner are shit

i expect him not to set up the team so defensively over Christmas against mid-lower table teams and throw away a load of points

i expect him not to get so huffy with one of our few creative players, to the point where instead he brings on a mediocre new loan signing, straight off the plane, against Man City

i expect him not to risk pissing off one our few quality players by constantly subbing him on 65 minutes

need more...?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    i expect him to work out far more quickly than he has that Xhaka, Mustafi, Iwobi and Lichsteiner are shit

i expect him not to set up the team so defensively over Christmas against mid-lower table teams and throw away a load of points

i expect him not to get so huffy with one of our few creative players, to the point where instead he brings on a mediocre new loan signing, straight off the plane, against Man City

i expect him not to risk pissing off one our few quality players by constantly subbing him on 65 minutes

need more...?
    You expect, you expect - too many fans online have no idea how easy or difficult it is to change the culture of our club and deal with the current infrastructure. To most, it's like a game of FIFA or Football Manager.

The great is, the over expectations of fans will only lead to more frustration due to the way our club is set up. Dump the manager, get a new one in and see just how little things would change right now.