User Tag List

Page 7 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter Transfer Window Intrigue and Excitement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Ramsey is close to signing for Juve.
    Is that a pre-contract for the summer, or meaning we actually get a couple of pennies?
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ramsey is close to signing for Juve.
    At the time I wasn't too bothered about him going. Now I'm thinking we should have kept him.
    Although defence is a bigger concern than midfield overall.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDG View Post
    Is that a pre-contract for the summer, or meaning we actually get a couple of pennies?
    Pre-contract apparently.

Us getting some pennies.
    We hardly ever get value for our players sold and for a self-sustaining club that is pretty terrible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agreed. Nothing more frustrating than watching a player with obvious ability but not mentally strong enough to produce consistently.
    Samir Nasri

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pre-contract apparently.

Us getting some pennies.
    We hardly ever get value for our players sold and for a self-sustaining club that is pretty terrible.

Rumour is that he's leaving this month? So we must be getting something out of it? He's contracted until the summer, he can't just walk out the door.....
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah we'd get some peanuts if he goes this month but I'd rather he stayed, as we're unlikely to find a replacement for him right now and our squad is light anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    At the time I wasn't too bothered about him going. Now I'm thinking we should have kept him.
    I don’t see why. He doesn’t score enough, doesn’t assist enough and is out injured for a period every season. He can’t be trusted in deep midfield, and gets in the way of strikers upfront. I still don’t know what Ramsey does after all these years. He’s highly replaceable and symbolic of the old mess we had under Wenger for the past 5 years. He’s also worked hard, scored some important goals in finals and is a good professional but I won’t miss home one bit.

Our midfield needs just as much work as defence. If you can’t control a game in midfield, the best defenders in the world will end up looking like clowns when exposed too often. We need a couple of really good buys in there too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not fussed on Ramsey either. We need a playmaker
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has to be done - we desperately need to slash that wage bill before we have any room to rebuild and Ramsey represents that sweet spot that we’re looking for where he’s a) on high wages, b) prefers to play a role that the coach has little use for, and c) his contract is nearly up so he’ll be easy to move on.

In an ideal world Özil and Mkhi would follow him out the door, but unfortunately they only signed (BIG) contracts with us recently, so they’re going to be much, much harder to shift.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Close to signing Suarez, apparently.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.