User Tag List

Page 1 of 37 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter Transfer Window Intrigue and Excitement.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Winter Transfer Window Intrigue and Excitement.

Seems like a harsh but ultimately fair time to start this.

With Welbeck's awful injury, is there a chance we'd look to sign a backup striker?

Normally I wouldn't advocate buying a player because another has become injured but in this case Welbeck will not probably be still in contract by the time he has recovered from his injury.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New full backs needed. Wan-bissaka from Palace and Sessegnon from Fulham
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    Seems like a harsh but ultimately fair time to start this.

With Welbeck's awful injury, is there a chance we'd look to sign a backup striker?

Normally I wouldn't advocate buying a player because another has become injured but in this case Welbeck will not probably be still in contract by the time he has recovered from his injury.
    If we go for a direct replacement I think it will be a reliable older player or another one of Mislintat’s finds? We’re only talking about a 3rd choice striker here, so it won’t be anyone mega.

If we throw any serious money at the attack, I think we’ll go for a winger. That would indirectly ease the striker problem anyway, as it would mean that we can desist with playing Aubameyang on the left, which would then allow us to rotate him with a Lacazette more regularly at CF, and keep both players fresher and sharper throughout the season. In that scenario, we may need little more than to promote someone from the yoots as 3rd choice?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I'd be going big on a wide forward. Mhiki just isn't cutting it for me, and Iwobi is still young. Nketiah should hopefully get some game time up front in the remaining Europa group games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mkhi and Özil should be considered as two options for one role, same as Auba and Laca - I’m hoping that will be another knock-on effect of investing in a proper winger.

Pretty happy with how Iwobi fits into this setup, and more than happy to see where he goes if we give him the other wide spot - I think if you balanced him out with a more direct winger on the other side then the front 4 would have a really nice feel to it. Needs to calm his shooting down a bit, but I get the feeling there’s goals in him too - just waiting for it to ‘click’ with him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If we start both Laca and Auba in the first XI we don't have a striker to bring off the bench anymore (apart from a rookie like Nketiah). It's probably a good idea to only play one at a time if only to protect them. We'll be in trouble if even one of them gets injured.

Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    Mkhi and Özil should be considered as two options for one role, same as Auba and Laca - I’m hoping that will be another knock-on effect of investing in a proper winger.
    I hope so, we needed a winger/wide forward anyway but Welbeck's injury might have forced our hands. It might also be a good opportunity for AMN?

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are rumours that Inter are interested in Ozil

I hope that is true

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Inter have supposedly been buying our players for years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't want no scrubs.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    Inter have supposedly been buying our players for years.
    Really???

Where did they get that idea from