User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Match Reaction v Wolves (home).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    Emery has done well considering all the rubbish he was left with, his signings have been generally good, Torreira has been great overall and Guendouzi has potential and has done OK as well, Leno looks a decent keeper and Sokratis is also pretty decent, Lichsteiner is the only dodgy one, but 4 out out of 5 isn't bad.
    Strictly speaking only Guendouzi is his signing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    Strictly speaking only Guendouzi is his signing.
    I would assume that he had a say in who was and wasn't signed even if he didn't pick them himself, it would be a nonsense to have someone else pick the players the manager uses to build his team with, he shouldn't be involved in negotiations but he should have final say on who is and isn't signed tbh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kolasinac's performance was a pile of crap. If he needs to have his hand held defensive there's no point in starting with him and Auba wide left.

Globalgunner was bleating on about loving AMN, for God only knows what reason....because despite his having a bad game there earlier this season he is far more capable than Kola. If he isn't going to play central midfield why on earth don't we use him elsewhere with the serious deficiencies in the squad.

Xhaka is annoying as I have been really behind him recently then he goes and does that. Your mainstay central midfielder and your centre defender being so error prone is a fundamental problem that just isn't going to magically go away....and yet look at the faith shown in both.
    Kolasinac isn't particularly good to be honest, we signed him on a free so we haven't lost much, but as with most Wenger defenders in recent times, they aren't up to match.

AMN for me should be getting a few games, he's got a lot of potential and it's a no brainer choosing him over the error prone, talentless Xhaka.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Xhaka is absolute garbage. I know he scored two good goals so far this season and it makes it seem like he is on the way up, but I have not seen anything that says he is average at best. I would rather play ESR in his place when we are at home against midtable teams.
    Arsene Wenger, the only football manager that got paid 8 million quid to do nothing but sit on his arse..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    I would assume that he had a say in who was and wasn't signed even if he didn't pick them himself, it would be a nonsense to have someone else pick the players the manager uses to build his team with, he shouldn't be involved in negotiations but he should have final say on who is and isn't signed tbh.
    You've accurately described a process that still doesn't equate to the others being 'his signings'. The coming windows will be far more telling in regards to his squad building skills.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fakeyank View Post
    Xhaka is absolute garbage. I know he scored two good goals so far this season and it makes it seem like he is on the way up, but I have not seen anything that says he is average at best. I would rather play ESR in his place when we are at home against midtable teams.
    What did you think of Xhaka vs Liverpool?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What did you think of Xhaka vs Liverpool?
    Stable. Did his job right. 7/10.
    Arsene Wenger, the only football manager that got paid 8 million quid to do nothing but sit on his arse..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One two three
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.