User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction v Bournemouth (away).

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Match Reaction v Bournemouth (away).

Mostly crap really but to be honest, anything to stop the run of draws would do.

Needs to be better from now on though, leading up to Christmas.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bournemouth had a few minutes at the beginning than five minutes toward the end where they threatened, but we were clearly the better team today.

Mkhitaryan was the biggest culprit, but it was the slack final ball and sloppy technique from everyone in the final third which prevented that from being a comfortable win.

Holding superb again today in all aspects of his game.

Auba's usually in the right place for the simple goals because his movement is fantastic, but he should be getting more. His shooting is so erratic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i didn't see the game but it sounds like that was no bad thing

we needed to show some improvement aheead of next Sunday but it sounds like there wasn't any - i reckon that could be a pretty grim match...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good win.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A terrible game, on our part anyway, and almost zero positives.

The thing that sticks out for me was that even with 7 defensively minded players and a keeper that is MOTM for our team, we still conceeded 2 good goals in the first 45 and they probably should have had more in the 2nd half.

Mustafi has driven me so crazy, that I honestly look back with fondness on the days we had men with "character" like Stepanovs, Silvestre and Senderos. Yes he's done that to me.

Xhaka again did his usual crap to make sure we lost points.

Mhki has gone all autistic and seems to only communicate and play with Auba.

TBH, we were shit and I hated almost every minute of this game.

Emery seems to be letting everyone down more and more every week and we've got a lot of work to do if we want to get anything against the spuds at the weekend.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Splinter View Post
    Bournemouth had a few minutes at the beginning than five minutes toward the end where they threatened, but we were clearly the better team today.

Mkhitaryan was the biggest culprit, but it was the slack final ball and sloppy technique from everyone in the final third which prevented that from being a comfortable win.

Holding superb again today in all aspects of his game.

Auba's usually in the right place for the simple goals because his movement is fantastic, but he should be getting more. His shooting is so erratic.
    Were we the better team? Definitely not in the 1st half where we were totally outplayed and Bournemouth scored all the 3 goals.

The 2nd half we might have slightly shaded it, but i felt Bournemouth chose to sitback, conserve energy and counter which worked against them because of poor finishing.

It was a crappy game and i hope thats the worst game I see from us this season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Missed the game but it sounds like a typical performance this season.

Not particularly encouraging ahead of Spurs and United but let’s hope we can raise our game for them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 21_GOONER_SALUTE View Post
    A terrible game, on our part anyway, and almost zero positives.

The thing that sticks out for me was that even with 7 defensively minded players and a keeper that is MOTM for our team, we still conceeded 2 good goals in the first 45 and they probably should have had more in the 2nd half.

Mustafi has driven me so crazy, that I honestly look back with fondness on the days we had men with "character" like Stepanovs, Silvestre and Senderos. Yes he's done that to me.

Xhaka again did his usual crap to make sure we lost points.

Mhki has gone all autistic and seems to only communicate and play with Auba.

TBH, we were shit and I hated almost every minute of this game.

Emery seems to be letting everyone down more and more every week and we've got a lot of work to do if we want to get anything against the spuds at the weekend.
    Did you write this before the match?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Missed the game but it sounds like a typical performance this season.

Not particularly encouraging ahead of Spurs and United but let’s hope we can raise our game for them.
    The Liverpool game showed we can raise our level, but the level we are seeing right now isn’t great.
    Rather stumbled over the line today but after a series of draws I’ll take it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 21_GOONER_SALUTE View Post
    Were we the better team?
    Yes.

Bournemouth started well in the first ten minutes, but after that they didn't do anything until the 46th minute.

And before the suggestion of an Arsenal-tinted viewpoint arises, I think most of us here are sensible and level-headed enough to relay the events of the match accurately. We don't win internet points for posting positive Arsenal spin on a decrepit forum, so I'm not sure what the point would be.

Going the other way and seeing everything in the worst possible light certainly isn't particularly useful though.