User Tag List

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Manchester United v Arsenal. 5th Dec. 20:00

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who`s the ref. Very, very critical, if you thought the Spuds know how to dive......
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    as history will tell us, we struggle at OT and the occasion gets to the players. however, this is a new team and manager, fresh of a huge win as well. I know we won't buckle and I know we will be prepared tactically and Emery will tell them exactly what to expect.

would be happy with a draw.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont see why we cannot win this fixture. History can be thrown out of the window because our recent history was under different management. I am cautiously optimistic that we can beat them comprehensively. We just got to pray that non-football pubbers like Fellaini, Lukaku and the likes dont foul their way out of this and score an unlikely goal in the 90th minute.
    Arsene Wenger, the only football manager that got paid 8 million quid to do nothing but sit on his arse..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mourinho will be Mourinho and set them up defensively to play on the counter even though they're at home. So tactically it will be completely different to any of the other big teams we've faced and it will be interesting to see how Emery handles it.

It would be brilliant to get a win but realistically a draw at Old Trafford would be a good result.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been scarred one too many times from this fixture to be confident enough of winning it. They've been at a lower ebb than this before and still managed to turn up on the day.

Nervous but excited too because the history of failure in this fixture doesn't come with Emery.

COYG!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    4 of our next 11 league games are United away, Liverpool away, Chelsea at home and Manchester City away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Need to play the same team and formation that beat Spuds with Mikhi or Ramsey in for Xhaka. Either has to be told to stay solid and dovetail with Torr. Keep it solid for the 1st half which should see the Utd fans get on Mourinho's back by half time. No desperate tackles in the box. 9 out of 10 PL refs need no invitations to award them a pen. Young, Rashford, Herrera all serial divers. Don't give them an excuse.
    We can do this. The Spuds beat them at OT didn't they.?
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    that's my main concern too, but after all Ramsey and Laca only had half a game yesterday and i still think we should get a draw at least
    Yes but I think neither will start.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Been scarred one too many times from this fixture to be confident enough of winning it. They've been at a lower ebb than this before and still managed to turn up on the day.

Nervous but excited too because the history of failure in this fixture doesn't come with Emery.

COYG!
    Me too. We are better than them too irrespective of what they think. The Emery factor and the new found hunger may come into play tonight though, a win would be huge for us, a real statement of intent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One thing going for us this time is that the manager and a lot of the players that have featured in the starting XI won’t be carrying any Old Trafford baggage or mental hang ups into this game.

Leno, Sokrates, Torreira and Guendouzi will definitely be heading into this fixture with a clean slate, as will Emery himself, and I’m not sure how much exposure Holding, Iwobi and Kolasinac will have had there in the past? Probably not enough to scar them.

Did Auba and Laca feature for us at OT last year? Can’t remember, but even if they did, it will have been their one and only game for us there (and to be fair we gave a pretty damn good account of ourselves that day with a veeeeery youthful side).

The only players who might have been having a few sleepless nights over this one will be Bellerin, Özil, Mkhi, Ramsey and maybe Mustafi (and I’d say there’s a fair chance that 2 or 3 of them won’t start)...