User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction vs Man Utd (away).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    Yes but this year he'll be looking to see if anyone is willing to give him a job, despite his claims he had offers from all over the world he still hasn't managed to get a job, it's like the management version of players he almost signed, he probably has a list of jobs he almost got!
    Not sure why that’s hard to believe. Plenty of teams would want him. Their status is another matter. But after 22 years in one job I doubt he’s been in a rush to get back into work. Makes sense to take a year out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes but this year he'll be looking to see if anyone is willing to give him a job, despite his claims he had offers from all over the world he still hasn't managed to get a job, it's like the management version of players he almost signed, he probably has a list of jobs he almost got!
    haha that is true.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i'd be interested to see if we could prise Chilwell away from Leicester - they've had their one trophy win, and won't do it again, so if he wants any more he needs to move

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumble View Post
    but Wenger says it is really hard to sign players in January. Especially super super quality
    Wenger's right.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kolasinac made the mistake that lead to the 2nd goal, as a defender he's awful to be honest, but going forward he's decent, but we can find better going forward IMO.

Defence needs some surgery though, a new top quality CB (and maybe another decent backup option) and maybe a new left back.
    I've heard some cite Sokratis in that....but I think it was poorer from Kola and the goalkeeper personally. As we were standing perfectly in a line of 5, Sokratis might have properly just come out for it and meatheaded it away.

Once Leno had decided to come out, he really should have cleaned everybody out to get his hands on the ball. I think he needs to work on that part of his game especially. De Gea who some muse basically never comes off his line is at least decisive about what he is doing.

Chilwell is a good player.... (I assume he is left sided...?) though he does not pass the ball when he should far too often. He along with Daniel Sturridge are two players Wenger would have never have signed in a million years for that tendency alone. Think Leicester would charge far too much for Chilwell though and I'm already hearing reports we are skint for the coming windows.

Anyway AMN can cover left back and is actually better defensively than Kola and Bellerin, is quick and much better fitness wise than Kola IMHO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SMatthews View Post
    Not sure why that’s hard to believe. Plenty of teams would want him. Their status is another matter. But after 22 years in one job I doubt he’s been in a rush to get back into work. Makes sense to take a year out.
    The only teams that would want him are teams who have no ambition of winning anything, because that what he can't deliver, in less than half a season Emery has done a better job than Wenger did in 10 years, that's despite the fact a guy was in charge for 22 years before him and the entire club was setup to his wants and needs.

He said it himself he can't live without football which is why we had to give him the push, he would have never gone, if he has had any offers they're are probably from a bunch of nothing clubs, any decent club with ambition would be mad to give him a job based on his record in the last decade.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    I've heard some cite Sokratis in that....but I think it was poorer from Kola and the goalkeeper personally. As we were standing perfectly in a line of 5, Sokratis might have properly just come out for it and meatheaded it away.

Once Leno had decided to come out, he really should have cleaned everybody out to get his hands on the ball. I think he needs to work on that part of his game especially. De Gea who some muse basically never comes off his line is at least decisive about what he is doing.

Chilwell is a good player.... (I assume he is left sided...?) though he does not pass the ball when he should far too often. He along with Daniel Sturridge are two players Wenger would have never have signed in a million years for that tendency alone. Think Leicester would charge far too much for Chilwell though and I'm already hearing reports we are skint for the coming windows.

Anyway AMN can cover left back and is actually better defensively than Kola and Bellerin, is quick and much better fitness wise than Kola IMHO.
    Sokratis didn't have the best game yesterday, but he's been decent, he did also give away the needless free which lead to their 1st goal though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fellaini will face no action for pulling Guendouzi's hair.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I see that could start a presedent (sp) so its ok to pull someone's hair... Wonder if you can get away with pulling the hairs under the armpits

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Holding has a suspected ACL injury, awful news for him just as he was establishing himself as a first team regular.