User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction v Southampton (away).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's a lot to get annoyed about with that performance. But if we respond well in the coming games, I think one messy, self-destructive loss can be accepted.

I'd say the fact that we have so few fit defenders caught up with us. Starting with two just coming back from injury in a makeshift formation and a midfielder and full-back playing at centre-back isn't ideal. Compounding that with two right-backs going off injured and ending the match with Monreal-Xhaka-Koscielny-AMN as your back four tells you everything really.

Even then, a bit more concentration at the back and more care up front could still have resulted in a positive outcome.

Leno has to take the blame for the winner. If we could transplant Cech's upper body onto Leno's legs, we'd have the perfect keeper. I'd stick with Leno at the moment, but any more unnecessary stuff like that and it will be a worrying trend rather than the odd brainfart.

I'd say only Guendouzi played consistently well today, despite Mkhitaryan's two goals.

Aubameyang missing very presentable chances is becoming costly now. As unconvincing as we were, there were still more than enough chances to get a win. Southampton's goal came after we had been on top for most of the second half, which was very much reminiscent of the pathetic capitulations that almost defined Wenger's latter decade at the club.

Most annoyingly of all, Austin will probably not score again until the next time we play at their stadium, Ings won't ever score another brace in his career and Long will play about five minutes of football for the rest of the season. If they had signed Chamakh and Heskey before the game, they would both have certainly pubbed a few in against us. St Mary's is worse than fucking Mordor.

Hopefully Bellerin, Kolasinac, Mustafi and Lichtsteiner are fit for the coming games because otherwise we're relying on Sokratis, Monreal and a patchwork Koscielny to get through the Christmas period.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Southampton wont score 3 goals against any other top half team this season.
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post

I don't think Iwobi or Mkhi are doing enough to keep Ozil out of the team.
    But neither Ozil or Ramsey have done enough over the season, bar one excellent 45 minutes each, to deserve a place in the starting XI.

Maybe giving Nketiah and Smith Rowe a chance would be the better option. Emery seems to trust Guendouzi, so it's a bit odd that he won't give the other young players a chance in the League.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Just poor all over the pitch. A shitty way for our run to come to an end losing to a garbage team like that.

I don't think Iwobi or Mkhi are doing enough to keep Ozil out of the team.
    Dont worry, we have our "Cup Final" to look forward to against the Spuds this week. We truly are the new West Ham.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippy View Post
    Dont worry, we have our "Cup Final" to look forward to against the Spuds this week. We truly are the new West Ham.
    Don't be a twat, we've gone a long time here without WUMs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Southampton had 0 points at home prior to today's game.

dunno about u but to me it looks like the old s3lr destructive Arsenal are still a force to be reckoned with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think with our defensive probs spuds could maybe win next week, but don't care as the league win was more important and everyone knows it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was a bit much to expect that the problems accrued via the last years of Wenger would be completely mitigated within 6 months.

And as Letters pointed out, we’ve had our share of good fortune. But I’d argue we’ve earned a lot of that luck.

Disappointing performance by all accounts but we are trending in the right direction.

There are more winnable games approaching, we just need to win them.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could have done with a pub team midweek really, the Spud cup game has come at the wrong time. We can’t get away with making too many changes for that one because Spuds will have their strongest team out.

Just going to have to deal with the Xmas fixtures as well as we can and hopefully we don’t come out of them too battered and bruised. I do worry about us for that Liverpool game at the end of the month.

Torreira being one booking away from a suspension is also annoying.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know it was his first proper game back but Koscielny was shocking, when you look a some of our worst defensive displays over the years, hes aiways in the side. when he has a bad day he really fucks up.