User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Match Reaction v Southampton (away).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All three Southampton goals were virtually identical. Deep cross into the only man in the box and he gets a free header. I don't understand why we keep giving away these cheap goals.

Koscielny was the closest defender all three times and he was nowhere near the strikers. I'm used to Mustafi misjudging aerial balls but I expect better from Kos.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AFC Leveller View Post
    I know it was his first proper game back but Koscielny was shocking, when you look a some of our worst defensive displays over the years, hes aiways in the side. when he has a bad day he really fucks up.
    He had his best spell when Merts was his partner. He needs a better reader of the game next to him.

Maybe Sokratis can be that guy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Irritating that out of nowhere Spurs have pulled away from us and now 5 points ahead.

Part of the reason I've been really eager to see Holding or Mav intergrated into the team is they are both a really good age to contribute but also improve and are both 6'3/6'4 so have that aerial edge over most players they face.

Kos was really poor today but not sure we could expect much in his first game of significance against a side who often pull our pants down. He has to get better though if we really have hopes of finishing top 4.

Auba is going to miss chances....that's just the player he is... but he will still finish the season top scorer or there abouts. Kane doesn't take every chance he gets neither no matter what the meeja would have you believe.

Coming for crosses though is one of the main parts of Cech's game that has never really waned after he mentally got over his head injury years ago. Leno really needs to Improve on it. Even when he manages to punch it doesn't always go that far.....and he still seems far too quiet for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A pretty dire result all in all.

I think what we're beginning to see is the limitations of our squad being well into December and injuries kicking in, we've got some pretty average players in this squad and we're seeing the effect of that now.

Emery has done well and it's his first season so you can't expect him to transform that average squad Wenger put together so quickly, but hopefully this will highlight the players he needs to get him of as there's a number of them who just aren't up to scratch.

As others have said, although we went on a long unbeaten run, we rode our luck a bit and we had to come unstuck at some point, just a shame it happened against a side who couldn't buy a win. Once again though our inability to perform in the 1st half is an issue, I don't really understand why we haven't managed to be ahead in any league game at half time all season, it's kinda strange.

Anyway onward and upwards, it's been a very good unbeaten run so credit where credits due but it's going to be a real challenge to get top 4 though as the sides above us seem fairly consistent.
    Last edited by Özim; 17-12-2018 at 10:08 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How about we do a Sol Campbell MK2 and go for Toby from Spuds? his contract is up in the summer, we can guarantee first team football, he's got PL experience and won't have to move out of his home.

It would cause riots but I'd love it to happen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    He had his best spell when Merts was his partner. He needs a better reader of the game next to him.

Maybe Sokratis can be that guy.
    him and Merts had a long run together where we didn't lose but I remember them starting all our games in the 13-14 season when we were thrashed by Chelsea, city' Liverpool and Everton.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AFC Leveller View Post
    How about we do a Sol Campbell MK2 and go for Toby from Spuds? his contract is up in the summer, we can guarantee first team football, he's got PL experience and won't have to move out of his home.

It would cause riots but I'd love it to happen.
    That would be amazing!
    Arsene Wenger, the only football manager that got paid 8 million quid to do nothing but sit on his arse..