User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Spuds Milk Cup Reaction

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're somewhat hindered but that new wage rule, I'm not sure Liverpool were affected by that so they were able to invest, on top of that they managed to sell 1 or 2 players for mega money, something we won't be able to do as we don't have players of huge value.

To be honest Wenger left us in a right state, we also should have got rid of him a few years ago when these new rules weren't in place but we were so slow to react we're paying for it now.

We can still free up some wages if we don't qualify for the CL by losing Ramsey, Xhaka, Mustafi, Mhiki, Iwobi and of course Ozil (maybe even Koscielny and Cech) if we could find a buyer for those guys (which may be a problem in itself), but we're not in an ideal situation.

Agree with the comment that there's a lot of quality in the top 4 and that's going to make it hard for us to break into it. We have a chance in the Europa league of course but Chelsea are still in there as well which is a worry.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Textbook

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We’re obviously not selling 7-8 players in one go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, but over the course of 2-3 transfer windows I would hope to see the majority of underperformers and old guard moved on. Can't see many takers for Ozil though, at the wages he's on I reckon he'll just sit it out.

I was thinking about the squad and there's very few players I'd be really gutted to see leave, Torreira, Laca, Auba, Guendozi and Bellerin is really about it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Textbook
    Is it? I'd say it's a fact to be honest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SMatthews View Post
    We’re obviously not selling 7-8 players in one go.
    Maybe we won't, but that's what we need to do, especially if we don't qualify for the CL (but even if we do, there's quite a few players just not up to scratch). I know we have been on a very good run, but at the same time our weaknesses have also been there for all to see even when we have won.

Emery is doing the best he can with limited resources and the average squad left behind by the previous manager.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooner23 View Post
    there's very few players I'd be really gutted to see leave, Torreira, Laca, Auba, Guendozi and Bellerin is really about it.
    i'd add Holding and Sokratis to that, also Nacho though i know he's getting on
    Last edited by Mac76; 20-12-2018 at 02:52 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.skysports.com/football/n...in-carabao-cup

We need to start reacting like a top team rather than like Spurs from 10 years ago when winning a game against us was a once in a lifetime achievement.
    Arsene Wenger, the only football manager that got paid 8 million quid to do nothing but sit on his arse..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I kind of agree that we tend to go overboard on the social media celebrations but that’s just the age we live in.

If you have to wait until the end of the season to see if you can celebrate then you’re probably never going to derive any joy from watching football, or playing football for that matter.
    Last edited by Marc Overmars; 20-12-2018 at 05:16 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Exactly. Footballers posting pictures of themselves on social media shocker.