Thread: Spuds Milk Cup Reaction

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fakeyank View Post
    https://www.skysports.com/football/n...in-carabao-cup

We need to start reacting like a top team rather than like Spurs from 10 years ago when winning a game against us was a once in a lifetime achievement.
    That's acting like a top team? Sounds like personal grievances to me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That loss to Saints could be costly come May. We were level with Chelsea and with a decent looking Festive fixtures we had a real chance of breaking into the top 4 and cementing our place.
    I like what Emery is doing and the way he has handled the coaching side. We have a lot of average players and the defence is still a problem for us and that's why we probably won't finish top 4.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    That's acting like a top team? Sounds like personal grievances to me.
    I am saying we need to act like one so that players like Rose cant rub a loss like yesterday in. We had a great win against spurs a few weeks ago but the players really outdid themselves in celebrating that win. I know its the social media age but we really need to calm the F down till we actually win something.
    Arsene Wenger, the only football manager that got paid 8 million quid to do nothing but sit on his arse..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippy View Post
    Why? That comment always makes me laugh because didnt Fulham spend £100m last year? There is so much revenue from TV etc, that should not be an excuse. Back the Manager.
    Why what?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AFC Leveller View Post
    That loss to Saints could be costly come May. We were level with Chelsea and with a decent looking Festive fixtures we had a real chance of breaking into the top 4 and cementing our place.
    I like what Emery is doing and the way he has handled the coaching side. We have a lot of average players and the defence is still a problem for us and that's why we probably won't finish top 4.
    Yeah agreed, top 4 is a tough ask because as you say we have a lot of average players, missing out on top 4 really affects our ability to recruit, not so much in terms of money to spend, but in terms of wages we can outlay, that's unles we get rid of a fair few of those average players which may be hard.

I've always said the squad left to Emery was average, he had a lot of work to do to get it up to scratch and he's done some good work so far, just needs to get rid of the deadwood as soon as he can and replace them with decent quality.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    I've always said the squad left to Emery was average.
    And you've always been wrong.
    You have very dim view of our previous manager and he managed to get them to finish 6th, and that was his worst season. They're not average in the context of the Premier League.
    They're not good enough to seriously challenge, obviously, there is work to do, but we know that. They're good enough to have a chance of top 4 I reckon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    And you've always been wrong.
    You have very dim view of our previous manager and he managed to get them to finish 6th, and that was his worst season. They're not average in the context of the Premier League.
    They're not good enough to seriously challenge, obviously, there is work to do, but we know that. They're good enough to have a chance of top 4 I reckon.
    Bar Lacazette and Aubameyang, the Wenger lot are average, there's no oustanding quality in there (you cold argue Ozil is quality but he's so inconsistent). The rest are average, average defenders, average midfielders, no top quality, how many players do you see interesting big clubs these days?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People who don't understand what average means

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't think there's a Burnley thread so posting this here....

I have a ticket for the game tomorrow, but I've had to go away. Imassume I can transfer it to another member? If anyone wants it let me know. I don't want anything for it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    Don't think there's a Burnley thread so posting this here....

I have a ticket for the game tomorrow, but I've had to go away. Imassume I can transfer it to another member? If anyone wants it let me know. I don't want anything for it.
    Fakeyank......another excuse for some airmiles here!
    Make 2mrw better than 2day