User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Spuds Milk Cup Reaction

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spuds Milk Cup Reaction

Played ok in patches and should have scored at least once, but I never felt like we had control of that game in the same way we did a few weeks ago. Spurs were comfortable, which was the most disappointing thing.

Our play in the final third was atrocious at times, certain players are really making no case for themselves to be in the team.

A lot of games to come over the next few weeks and we're playing catch up in the league. Need to find that winning touch again and fast.
    Last edited by Marc Overmars; 19-12-2018 at 09:55 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In isolation very disappointing to lose, especially given the opponents. But in the bigger picture it may not be the worst thing to avoid another 2 games. Squad is stretched thin with Emery not trusting certain players and the injuries mounting up. Priority has to be Europa League and the Prem as we need Champs league footy to invest in the squad.

On the game itself it was one of those that could have gone either way, we had as many chances as them but fluffed our lines. We ran out of steam and ideas though which was worrying. The usual candidates fucking up at the most crucial moments. Mhiki and Iwobi just lack the required quality. AMN had a shocker and Monreal looked well off the pace, never thought I'd find myself missing Kolasinac!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Always disappointing to lose to Spurs and two defeats in a row and very patchy form recently.

Think we have some real problem areas in the team which can only be fixed with signings, defence, wing area and replacing Xhaka are all things we must do.

Lots of work to be done, we need to reverse these results as the wheels could really come off otherwise, been a good season prior to this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice to see Arsenal getting into the Christmas spirit by doing something to help the homeless

Disappointing. Not a competition I care much about but we are losing momentum and some of the performances of late have not been good.
    Need to get going again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    Always disappointing to lose to Spurs and two defeats in a row and very patchy form recently.

Think we have some real problem areas in the team which can only be fixed with signings, defence, wing area and replacing Xhaka are all things we must do.

Lots of work to be done, we need to reverse these results as the wheels could really come off otherwise, been a good season prior to this.
    Xhaka is more likely to get an extension than sold. Emery loves and trusts him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gutted to go out to those turds. The chances missed is becoming a recurring theme. Best part was seeing Ali hit on the head with the bottle.

Least I didn’t have to pay 65 quid plus too!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Emery should be starting Lacazette over the Christmas period. I don’t mind if it’s with or without Auba, because frankly he looks pretty gassed.

Get Ozil back in the team as well, the alternatives are not justifying his non-selection.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    Xhaka is more likely to get an extension than sold. Emery loves and trusts him.
    Which is quite worrying. Wenger had his favourites and stuck by them. Let's hope Emery is better than that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post

Agreed. We need to be honest and realise that Iwobi, AMN, Xhaka, Mustafi, Miki are just not good enough. Wenger left the club in a right mess.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Obviously didn't want to lose, but the league win was more important and both spuds and chelsea now have two extra big games against each other which hopefully will bring some cards and injuries

We're a mess though, injuries, suspensions etc haven't helped but some players are seriously falling ahort, agree we should have scored and that's also a worry

I kind of wish he'd played a reserves team so our first team had the night off and not been part of the loss, but anyway let's just forget it and move on