User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction v Brighton (away).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippy View Post
    Are you sure about that? 11 goals in 2 games for the scum. They are miles ahead of us and most of the premier league. As for us, this was another shit display. We ain't getting fourth, the Europa league is our only hope.
    Have to agree, especially as moan u now have their act together and they will overtake us

Some poor players, unlucky injuries and anti-arsenal refs are all things Emery has to face up to

We need to make 3 or 4 quality signings in Jan to have a chance of anything this season

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 21_GOONER_SALUTE View Post
    Not sure what you are trying to insinuate about Lacazette but his form is undeniably an important part of why we are even talking about a top 4 place this season.

On the stats, in the EPL he has started 12 games and come on as a sub in 6 of them. He's been involved in 11 goals, 6 scored and 5 assists (just like today). The only out and out strikers that have been involved in more goals are Auba, Kane, Aguero and Salah (if you see him as an out and out striker). He's done better than $80m Lukaku (and all other Man U minions), Mane and superman Vardy; despite playing similar to less minutes than all of them.

And no he's not been played majorly centrally by Emery, especially of recent as evidenced today.

Anyway, i think he's been great and important for us this season. Don't think we would have lost the Southampton game if he started (with Auba) and I believe we would have won this if he had finished the 90 mins.

And I'm still waiting for anyone to give me any Arsenal player who could hold up 5 players single-handedly in the box.
    Insinuate about Lacazette? Nothing. It’s all said clearly enough. He’s a goal scorer and his goal return has not been good enough since he joined. He’s not employed as a hold up man, or someone to occupy defences. No problem with his effort but he is not up to his main task of scoring goals. He and Auba move around at will. Over the 61 appearances, 25 goals is just average. He’s doing all he can to score more, which is great to see, but if his ratio is the same at the end of his second season he has no reason to complain about lack of starts and being substituted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippy View Post
    Are you sure about that? 11 goals in 2 games for the scum. They are miles ahead of us and most of the premier league. As for us, this was another shit display. We ain't getting fourth, the Europa league is our only hope.
    Yes I’m sure. I’m not about to be concerned about a team who have scored a lot of goals in two games and will never win a major trophy. They aren’t the yardstick. Teams that win trophies should be our yardstick. It’s weird, you’re nervous about a team with one of the most laughable trophy cabinets in the top 6 and yet you’re nailed on that we won’t get fourth when we’re only two points off it. Chelsea are just as rocky as us. They aren’t any better than fourth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If we couldn't afford the players we really wanted in the summer why will be able to sign a few worth having now...?

Even someone who would improve us that is surplus to requirements like Eric Baily wouldn't be cheap as Man U aren't into doing us favours and are competing with us for the CL place.

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We aren’t getting top four season, let’s face it.

Our defence is pathetic, and we seem to have lost all the decent attacking play that we were working towards from around 10 games in.

There is a lot of work to do and personnel to change, but Emery needs to sort himself out as well as he isn’t performing very well over this recent period either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aubameyang's Wang View Post
    We aren’t getting top four season, let’s face it.
    No we are definitely in the mix for 4th, Chelsea appear to be just as flaky as us.

Granted, I wouldn’t bet on us though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    No we are definitely in the mix for 4th, Chelsea appear to be just as flaky as us.

Granted, I wouldn’t bet on us though.
    Yeah agree with this. I actually think we will end up in a 3 way battle with Chelsea & Man U for 4th place. I don’t personally think we will make it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    only just saw the highlights - Laca did really well for our goal and Ozil also played a part - great take from Auba

pity we couldn't do more of that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    only just saw the highlights - Laca did really well for our goal and Ozil also played a part - great take from Auba

pity we couldn't do more of that
    I’m not sure why Emery took both Özil & Lacazette off. Stupid decisions.

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Accordingly to dermot Gallagher our goal was offside