User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction v Brighton (away).

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Match Reaction v Brighton (away).

Actually, let's not speak about this filth again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Should never have drawn that. Although, I could see us losing that last year. But everything is healthier than at the same stage last season. It’s all about 4th spot and we’re well positioned for it, so happy for the time being. We’ll be up for the Liverpool game on the weekend.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Too many midfielders on the pitch, Guendouzi wanting 20 touches every time he receives the ball, Xhaka complete inability to turn still, Litch terrible, AMN terrible when he came on, Ozil anonymous and Iwobi still playing with his dancing shoes.....and whilst he didn't pay for it, Leno's decision making when coming out is patchy.

Spurs are significantly better. Pains me to say it, but they are.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fuck Spurs. They ain’t winning shit and all they have is finishing above us. Meaningless. They aren’t the yardstick as plaudits are the only thing they’ll win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Should have been a comfortable win, Brighton were shit scared in that first half and Auba should really have made it 0-2 with that one on one.

We didn't make the most of our dominance and got done by a random punt up field which caused chaos. Lichtsteiner is proving to be a really poor signing, he's just a scrote who's there to draw fouls and slow the game down. He offers no threat at all getting forward, which I would understand given he's an old man but when he does get opportunities to help out his delivery is shocking, even under no pressure he can't seem to generate any power or whip on his crosses.

A really, really bad second half where we offered nothing at all. If Brighton had any quality they would have buried us.

Cannot help but fear what Liverpool could do to us on Saturday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    Guendouzi wanting 20 touches every time he receives the ball
    This.

The kid looks really heavy on the ball. I would have taken him off and got Iwobi on instead of taking off Ozil. While Ozil was ineffective in the first half, I'd rather he be on to find a killer ball rather than Guendozi or the other defensive midfielders.
    Arsene Wenger, the only football manager that got paid 8 million quid to do nothing but sit on his arse..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only saw the second half but it was pure Wengerball (circa 2016, not 2004).
    Thing is, we all know Emery has work to do but at times I was loving the way we were playing.
    Wtf has happened to that? These can players play like that so what the piss are they doing recently when it’s back to the old nonsense where they never ever look like scoring.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Only saw the second half but it was pure Wengerball (circa 2016, not 2004).
    Thing is, we all know Emery has work to do but at times I was loving the way we were playing.
    Wtf has happened to that? These can players play like that so what the piss are they doing recently when it’s back to the old nonsense where they never ever look like scoring.
    We’ve only played like that occasionally because the players aren’t good enough to do it consistently. That’s why we’ve needed to substitute so many early in games. We score as much as the other top teams but our defence and midfield still need big surgery. Plus, the toll of playing at this pace is going to take time to get into the team without them all dropping like flies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fakeyank View Post
    This.

The kid looks really heavy on the ball. I would have taken him off and got Iwobi on instead of taking off Ozil. While Ozil was ineffective in the first half, I'd rather he be on to find a killer ball rather than Guendozi or the other defensive midfielders.
    Iwobi solves no football problem known to mankind
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    Iwobi solves no football problem known to mankind
    Arsene Wenger, the only football manager that got paid 8 million quid to do nothing but sit on his arse..