User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Autopsy v Liverpool (away).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In my mind Guendouzi is the only one that was more specifically his signing. Even with how good Sokratis and Torreira have been....it hasn't been enough.

I do wonder what Emery said to the board when they laid out their expectations including finishing top 4. Yes okay no worries? Or you're having a fuhking laugh....top 4 with this squad!??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are such a comedy side when it comes to defending. The first and second goals were so bad and embarrassing I wanted to cry. Then we give away two silly pels and make it even worse. If you add the terrible defending at OT, last week against the scum and Southampton you see that we are really really shit at defending.

Apart from the silly goals I thought out CM were too negative with the ball and didn't show any bravery on the ball. Torreira trying to pass it back cost us the second goal. He is usually a forward passer of the ball but today he was swept aside.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippy View Post
    In addition, your comment about Emery working with Wengers defenders, didn't Emery bring in Leno, Sokratis and Lichsteiner? Piss poor additions.
    Lichsteiner,Leno, Sokratis, Guendozi and Torriera were all signed under the Emery era with him taking pictures and saying he wanted them at the club.

If we give him praise for Torriera it's only fair he cops the blame for the other poor excuses for top players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 21_GOONER_SALUTE View Post
    Lichsteiner,Leno, Sokratis, Guendozi and Torriera were all signed under the Emery era with him taking pictures and saying he wanted them at the club.

If we give him praise for Torriera it's only fair he cops the blame for the other poor excuses for top players.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Arsene Wenger, the only football manager that got paid 8 million quid to do nothing but sit on his arse..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippy View Post
    We were lied to when we moved to the Emirates.
    We will NEVER compete with the top four financially.
    The board are wankers who do not have the fans and clubs best interest at heart.
    RIP AFC.
    RIP Get a grip of yourself man. No board in the world has the fans or clubs best interest at heart. They are businesses.

Liverpool haven’t got to where they are through spending money like City or Chelsea. It was clever selling and reinvestment. Utd have spent hundreds of millions and haven’t got close to winning the league in years. How have Tottenham improved? Chelsea don’t even spend like they used to.

Defence and midfield need an overhaul. Time to get smart with purchases and reselling, along with good management.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 21_GOONER_SALUTE View Post

Sorry i thought we all thought Sokratis was a good signing...? Which he is btw - haven't seen today's (mis)match but even if he played a part he's generally been very good. Let's not fall into the gutter press habit of changing facts to suit the headline, eh...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    Sorry i thought we all thought Sokratis was a good signing...? Which he is btw - haven't seen today's (mis)match but even if he played a part he's generally been very good. Let's not fall into the gutter press habit of changing facts to suit the headline, eh...
    We are not changing facts brother, our defence is like a sieve.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SMatthews View Post
    RIP Get a grip of yourself man. No board in the world has the fans or clubs best interest at heart. They are businesses.

Liverpool haven’t got to where they are through spending money like City or Chelsea. It was clever selling and reinvestment. Utd have spent hundreds of millions and haven’t got close to winning the league in years. How have Tottenham improved? Chelsea don’t even spend like they used to. ............................
    I'm not going to go through a needless back & forth on this.

The best I was able to bring up was transfer spending from 92-2017:

1.Chelsea- £1.7b
    2.Man City £1.45b
    3 Man U £1.3b
    4 Liverpool £1.29b
    5 Spuds £1.06b
    6 Arsenal £833m
    7 Newcastle £769m
    8 Everton £584m

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/fo...sportgalleries

Inflation is not included, as that would have probably put us a few more spots down- definitely below the Toon.

The point is, with the way we've been "investing" in our team we deserve to be where we are- and so do Liverpool with the way they've been investing in theirs even without mega selloffs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    Sokratis is bog standard, I've never rated him and never will.

Is he better than Mustafi? Yeah, but that's nothing to be proud of if you call yourself a professional footballer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What has 1992 got to do with 2018? if you don’t want a back and forth (neither do I about meaningless net spending etc), then at least post up something worthwhile to make a point.