Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chelsea in 2010 is a contender.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    Sure, but that needn't come via dubious means. We make our own money and the better we use the money we do make, the better off we will be.

If I bought a business and the people I let run it made purchases like Mustafi, I'd be dubious about giving the people in charge handouts too. I'm not pro Kroenke, but I do think it has become easy to blame him and he more gets mentioned due to the good he could do that he isn't, rather than the bad that he is doing.
    There's definitely a big question mark over the club management, but equally what bothers me is whether the Kronkes realise the concern - there's a good chance the Kroenkes have no idea that Mustafi is utter shite and our worst buy ever

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem for us is the people at the top are not football men. They're mostly business executives by trade and given what's happened over the past few years in terms of standards and recruitment, they don't appear to have a feel of what's needed to build a squad capable of challenging at the top.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...which is where Emery comes in but given our only loan was Suarez in January it's not a good start, albeit his options were limited by not being allowed to make any permanent signings, it still seemed an odd choice ahead of a CB which we desperately needed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My worry with Emery is that he's hasn't really elevated his teams in the past. Nice guy and a steady hand but someone that's broken through a glass ceiling he is not.

At the moment we are very much a Valencia/Sevilla type club.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree i think his Europa League record was a big factor in his getting the job, and will sort of pay off if we win it, but he's probably not the guy to take us to a big new level

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tend to agree, not sure Emery is the guy to take us to the next level, his record and signings like Suarez don't fill me with confidence. He needs to identify players he can build a team with and find quality players, big summer for him after what has been an OK season.